MIG-25BM SEAD Foxbat 1/48 - finished!

exdraken

work on the stabs:

9ikxIxW.jpg

the starboard tip antenna has slightly different shape, and the lower stabs are totally replaced with CWS stuff :) 

there is an additional small intake , no idea what for!

apart from that

SIwZ8ZA.jpg

nose is mounted :) 

that means a totally new resin part that replaces the recce nose including the mediocre fitting camera bay 

the joint of the cockpit section with the lower fuselage is also quite nice!

jkg3iZG.jpg

CJPHjzT.jpg

MHjssc3.jpg

9ikk00r.jpg

DUD2tNG.jpg

• Like 6

Strange that exaust on the right why is that werner, is it depicting something like the f14 with one engine running down maybe?

Is it deliberate? Or a mistake?, the resin nose has married up very well indeed, I have the first edition icm kit and seeing how well this joins up it look a must have

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Strange that exaust on the right why is that werner, is it depicting something like the f14 with one engine running down maybe?

Is it deliberate? Or a mistake?, the resin nose has married up very well indeed, I have the first edition icm kit and seeing how well this joins up it look a must have

I suspect it is a packing mistake, and there should be 2 of each type. and yes, there are 2 types out there.... sometimes even on the same plane!

25-burner.jpg

http://www.kotpaskowy.pl/pwm/inne/25-burner.jpg

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

This one looks to be coming on well for you Werner. Watching your progress is making me want to grab my own PD kit and get going - we need a suitable GB :hmmm:

• Thanks 1

how about the Foxy Bat STGB???  :D

A MiG-25/31 build I'd certainly be up for, that's for sure!

Do you thing we'd get 25 for the build?? If so I'm happy to startup a thread. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

how about the Foxy Bat STGB???  :D

A MiG-25/31 build I'd certainly be up for, that's for sure!

Do you thing we'd get 25 for the build?? If so I'm happy to startup a thread. 

I've got an AMK Foxhound in the stash...and want to add one of the ICM recce -25s to the mix at some point as well.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Marlin said:

How much difference in size is there compared with the MiG-31?

/Bosse 

no idea... I have to wait for the MiG-25/31 GB to find out :D

in the meantime, I used some perfect plastic putty, but really only some:

YvttGKl.jpg

Q6mUMNQ.jpg

and pinned the new BM resin pylons, drilled holes in the lower wings, etc ;)

6Y1B5Y8.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

coming along nicely.

You do know that ICM is releasing their BM this year. Just after you've gone to all this trouble.

Of course... ;) but thanks :D

some my thoughts:

Actually not too much trouble, but I assume quite higher cost for my way of getting one...

It was announced shortly after my conversion arrived late last year, so I decided to put her to the front of the build list.... :)

on the other hand the CWS conversion provides some additional detail in the cockpit, great missiles, I am sure a spot on nose shape etc... we will see hoe good ICM manages this!

snd hen regarding trouble... blending in the nose is similar work, ICM will orobanly have a 2 part design.... 

Wonder if ICM comes up with more schemes than Begemot though ;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

mmm it'll be interesting to see what nice AM goodies follow the release! I'll probably stick with the PD model as I want to build a Ukraine version, to go with the Su24 & 25....others will follow later.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 7:52 AM, trickyrich said:

mmm it'll be interesting to see what nice AM goodies follow the release! I'll probably stick with the PD model as I want to build a Ukraine version, to go with the Su24 & 25....others will follow later.

hmm good questions ;)

dedicated Eduard PE..... KH-58s?

what else is needed?

we are flyable!

oh wait, just, .... some important pieces still missing ;)

N9TtCHQ.jpg

xDsw2Jf.jpg

8G3aQL3.jpg

au8UyJl.jpg

you were asking for size....

dUDefL4.jpg

I guess it can swallow a MiG-15 entirely :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

aaarrrrrrrrr!!!!  :rant:

I now really want to build one even more!!! (hint hint everyone, go to the MiG-25/31 STGB thread and signup!!   or else :fight: ) 

I'm just thinking of the power bill for the compressor and I haven't even factored in the cost of paint! Gee she's huge, I'll have to drag out my Foxhound when I get home to see how she compares to my F-111 (currently the largest).

You have to admit there's no lovely flowing lines with her, just brutal hard lines and shapes, almost Cubist or Abstract......or what I think of as pure aviation "Heavy Metal". Design wise it's hard to get any more brutal than this beast.

• Like 3

It really does show the brute force and lack of finesse of the design compared with the SR-71.

Maybe your GB should be the Mach3 GB so SR-71, Valkerie, YF-12, A-12, can join in?

Colin 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...