Testors Dullcote/ Tamiya TS-80?

Marc Banger

Hey there,

I'm getting back into modelling again after taking a 15 year break so all these products seem new to me haha, I'm heading down the airbrushing route this time,

I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube where people are using Testors Spray Lacquer in a blue spray can to protect and seal in their paintwork and then using enamel washes to weather the models after. I can't seem to find the Testors spray available in the UK, I did however find Testors Dullcote in a silver/white spray can or a bottle, was wondering if these were the same type of products?

I'm going to be using Tamiya XF-xx acrylic paints mainly and using enamel washes from AK Interactive to weather the models, is this the correct method or am I going to hit problems along the way, i.e paint lifting from the model etc etc?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

You and I are in the same boat, I haven't built a model in more than thirty years, and the modelling art has changed drastically. So many aftermarket parts that will turn your ten pound Revell into a hundred pound monster in no time, would be nice to make sure the ending weathering doesn't spoil the work. I will watch this post, as I too have serious supply problems because I reside in the Philippines.