1/700 HMS INVINCIBLE returns from Falklands War

Lovely work Franco.  If you can get some more Sea Kings especially it would be good - you currently have 4 Lynx on deck and although Lynx did operate from INVINCIBLE down south, none were on board during her return to Portsmouth.

To be truly accurate, one of the small pleasure craft coming up harbour with her needs to fly the White Ensign.  That boat was owned by the parents of a friend of mine with whom I joined the Navy.  The MOD Police boat pulled up alongside and asked where they got it from to which their proud reply was "our son got it for us, he's up there" and pointed to the bridge wing.  "So what's his name?" asked MOD Plod.  The next thing that Tim knew was that he was arrested by said MOD Plod before he left the ship for theft of a White Ensign!  I ended up attending his Court Martial which fortunately was thrown out on a technicality!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Lovely work Franco.  If you can get some more Sea Kings especially it would be good - you currently have 4 Lynx on deck and although Lynx did operate from INVINCIBLE down south, none were on board during her return to Portsmouth.

To be truly accurate, one of the small pleasure craft coming up harbour with her needs to fly the White Ensign.  That boat was owned by the parents of a friend of mine with whom I joined the Navy.  The MOD Police boat pulled up alongside and asked where they got it from to which their proud reply was "our son got it for us, he's up there" and pointed to the bridge wing.  "So what's his name?" asked MOD Plod.  The next thing that Tim knew was that he was arrested by said MOD Plod before he left the ship for theft of a White Ensign!  I ended up attending his Court Martial which fortunately was thrown out on a technicality!

What a nice story Chewbacca!

I really enjoyed reading your post!

I was aware that none lynx were displayed on board that day, as the picture was quite clear, but I didn't find more SH3 than what I found on the kit itself,.... so, let me use this "modeller license"...

I used what I had on my stash, mostly, as I made for the surrounding boats...

Cheers.

Franco

• 9 months later...
31 minutes ago, FIGHTS ON said:

Great build of the best ship the RN ever had

I  take it you didn't have to live above the mis-aligned shaft, with its constant vibrations :confused:, but I do agree that it is a lovely build. BZ!

Mike

• Like 1