Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

franco1964

1/700 HMS INVINCIBLE returns from Falklands War

Recommended Posts

My dear modeller friends, here I am again with another tribute to the Falklands War veterans.

I would like to recreate, with my modest skills, a diorama representing the return of the HMS INVINCIBLE from the Falkland war as was on this picture:

46638088114_223fb72605_h.jpgHMS Invincible returns home following the Falklands Conflict, 1982 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

I used a 1/700 Dragon Premium Edition Kit with the addition of 1/700 Eduard Royal Navy and Passengers figures

It was quite difficult to find the celebrating boats around the aircraft carrier, but I mostly used what I had on my stash, so it's not perfectly the same as the picture...😓

Anyway, this is the result, hoping you'll enjoy it...

PS: Sorry for the pictures but I don't have a studio with the right lights

 

40395460353_586493dd3c_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175319 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

32418885117_ffdcacba6b_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175348 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

32418884217_df97f7a9df_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175455 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40395462503_6db6d3ee57_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175502 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

32418883677_3cb22d33df_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175513 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40395464263_2031dbe804_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175328 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

 

Now she's resting near the HMS EXETER, my previous work:

32418882527_0e207b2dc9_k.jpgIMG_20190312_175734 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

 

HMS Sheffield next...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Franco!  Great job depicting Invincible's return.  :clap2:

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking display Franco love all the small craft around her 👍🏻

 

beefy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first of all, let me thank you all of you for your appreciations and encouragement.

Today I made a little better photos. yesterday I took the photos at dawn and maybe the light made the picture a little blur.

See if these are better:

40402645233_e0c1676a5f_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135000 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

46644928344_8cab3edfb1_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135013 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402645193_d2ebd7f8ca_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135029 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

46644928224_a91f3d2e57_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135045 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402645143_d33e923dd7_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135114 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

46644928174_f00169d4f7_z.jpgIMG_20190313_135127 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402645003_55500c7212_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135145 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644963_0dc480e626_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135207 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644903_21bcfd89ec_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135214 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644873_e11a1a6ae0_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135233 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644693_d39abdb299_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135330 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644733_f9b9d9fdce_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135342 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

40402644663_e258cea285_k.jpgIMG_20190313_135454 by Franco Segato, su Flickr

 

Thank you again, everybody, and see you soon on this wonderful channel!

Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good. If I was going to be picky, I'd say the S1022 is not completely realistic. I sort of know because I wrote the NC programmes and oversaw the manufacture of the 25' long squintless feeds - that's why I've got tinnitus!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gidday Franco, a very good model, and I think you've mastered the lighting/photo aspect. These seem more realistic colour-wise. Well done. You mentioned above that HMS Sheffield is next. The destroyer or WWII cruiser? Regards, Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2019 at 14:40, MR2Don said:

Very good. If I was going to be picky, I'd say the S1022 is not completely realistic. I sort of know because I wrote the NC programmes and oversaw the manufacture of the 25' long squintless feeds - that's why I've got tinnitus!!

Thank's for the info. I'll keep in mind for the next model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, everybody, for your appreciation.

8 hours ago, Wafu said:

Absolutely great work Franco, congratulations.

 

9 hours ago, Courageous said:

What they all said, fantastic work. Caught the occasion brilliantly.

:goodjob:

 

Stuart

 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:30, PLC1966 said:

Good work.

 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:28, longshanks said:

A great tribute !

 

Kev

 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:26, Alpha Delta 210 said:

A really evocative (and realistic-looking) scene.

 

On 13/03/2019 at 09:09, Bandsaw Steve said:

Great job 👍

 

On 13/03/2019 at 07:49, beefy66 said:

Cracking display Franco love all the small craft around her 👍🏻

 

beefy 

 

On 13/03/2019 at 03:50, JohnWS said:

Well done Franco!  Great job depicting Invincible's return.  :clap2:

 

John

 

On 13/03/2019 at 00:16, robgizlu said:

What a fabulous scene!

Rob

 

On 12/03/2019 at 23:45, junglierating said:

Quality  work Franco BZ to you 

 

 

Thank you, everybody, for your appreciation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Franco, a very good model, and I think you've mastered the lighting/photo aspect. These seem more realistic colour-wise. Well done. You mentioned above that HMS Sheffield is next. The destroyer or WWII cruiser? Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, I'm happy that you like it, and thanks for your appreciation.

I'm, actually, working on a diorama that will pick up the last moments of the Destroyer HMS Sheffield, and it will be my last tribute to the Royal Navy on the Falklands war.

See you soon on this channel!

All the best.

Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is brilliant!

(There's a thought, you could do HMS Brilliant in Falklands fit 🙂)

 

Cheers

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franco, I feel a bit embarrassed over my 1022 comment, it seems churlish considering the excellent job you've done. I was trying to be whimsical, simply because of my painful, sometimes laughable, connection with that radar's hardware. 1022 was an excellent surveillance system and was fully integrated with Sea Dart. It was refitted onto Type 42s, but not Sheffield, for obvious and tragic reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Viking said:

That is brilliant!

(There's a thought, you could do HMS Brilliant in Falklands fit 🙂)

 

Cheers

 

John

Well...

itseems I have to find a 1/700 type 22 batch 1 frigate...😄😄😄...

Thank you.

Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR2Don said:

Franco, I feel a bit embarrassed over my 1022 comment, it seems churlish considering the excellent job you've done. I was trying to be whimsical, simply because of my painful, sometimes laughable, connection with that radar's hardware. 1022 was an excellent surveillance system and was fully integrated with Sea Dart. It was refitted onto Type 42s, but not Sheffield, for obvious and tragic reasons.

Please, dont't be embarrassed!

I appreciate your post because in some way it enrich our knowledge on the real one!

Thank you and pleased you like the diorama.

Cheers.

Franco

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice indeed! A lot of work has clearly gone into this! Are you going to add the additional Sea Harriers and Helos at some point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stealthman said:

Very nice indeed! A lot of work has clearly gone into this! Are you going to add the additional Sea Harriers and Helos at some point?

Maybe, if I'll find some more Sea Harriers and SH3 around I'll add them absolutely... I would like to add also some karts and push backs if available... But in this scale are really rare...

Thanks.

Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×