Falklands Harrier Gr.3. 1/72 Airfix.

Brilliant model of a fantastic subject! You've got the colour absolutely spot on too in my opinion, outstanding build.

I did notice in the last photo it looks like one of your yellow lines decals has migrated to join its friend under the left intake! 

• Thanks 1

The 1/72 Airfix Harrier is a beautiful little kit, and I hope they follow it up soon with a 1.48 version. 

You've definitely done it justice.

A couple of minor points though. If this is a Falklands war Harrier, as far as I know, they carried RN 2" rocket pods rather than RAF SNEBs, and I believe the tail number would have been painted out too.

• Thanks 1

Yes but unfortunately fitted with  155 SNEB pods  when the RAF only used  36 shot 2" rocket pods in the Falklands war !

Sorry Habu just couldn't resist it!  as you have fallen into my clutches yet again as before I worked on Skyflash maintenance   I worked on the flightline on Harrier GR3 for four years!

Apart from this piddly little comment  Can I just say that is quite simply one of the best looking  GR3 builds I have seen for a long while. And I will give you kudos as I must point out your rocket pods ARE the right colour for 155 SNEB at that time!

Selwyn 

(Running for cover and cowering  under the Duvet yet again!) 

Edited by Selwyn
  • Thanks 1