"Royal Aircraft Establishment" decals in 1:72.

Admiral Puff

As noted below, I'm doing the Revell (Frog) Shackleton MR.3 as WR972 in her white/grey/blue RAE scheme, as illustrated on p.82 of the Flight Craft book on the Shackleton by Martin Derry and Neil Robinson.

I am presently rounding up decals, etc., for the markings. For the most part I can make up serials, roundels etc. from generic sheets in the collection. However, WR972 had large "Royal Aircraft Establishment" titles on either side of the fuselage, as well as an RAE badge on either side of the nose. From memory, Modeldecal used to do a sheet with something along the lines of what I'm after (it was the sheet with the RAE Raspberry Ripple C-47, IIRC), but that seems to be like rocking horse droppings these days. Any ideas as to other sources?

Oh, and while your at it Mr decal producer, can you try and tack a few white 'Qinetic' labels on the sheet as well, please?

The ETPS/RAE badges are few and far between on exisitng sheets so thanks for including them, Truro.

John

Thanks, all. And a sheet such as that suggested by Truro Model Builder would be VERY useful - in 1:72 and 1:48, please!

Dogsbody has given me a lead on the Modeldecal sheet (no 79) that I mentioned - I'll see where that takes me ...

Right I have 1/72 RAE decals from Airdecal 7206. 2 separate titles measuring 36 & 37mm respectively with 2 tiny shields. Yours if you want them.

Steve.