Sepecat Jaguar GR.1.A

Hi All, I don't normally build in this scale but this is an Aircraft I have always liked, and I have never done  Work in Progress either so I thought I would combine the two. I'm really sorry but don't know how to create a link (it would be great if somebody could tell me).

I did a WIP so that I could use it as a learning experience and wow did I learn. I wont ramble on about the build as those who are interested can check it out. All I can say is that I nearly lost the will to live with this one and more than once it nearly ended up in the bin of doom.

Anyway here's the finished product.

IMG-4453.jpg

IMG-4469.jpg

IMG-4470.jpg

IMG-4471.jpg

IMG-4472.jpg

IMG-4473.jpg

IMG-4474.jpg

IMG-4475.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments and criticisms are welcome.

• Like 42

I saw this last night and only remembered about it this evening. Lovely looking Jag.

For me it really captures the feel of flying at low level.

I know that planes are mainly built on the deck, (probably to display more detail) rather than flying, but it's great to see them doing what they were designed to do.

Great job and I love the look of it in that camo. 

On 12/03/2019 at 00:33, Phone Phixer said:

Nice Jag, great work. The DG/DSG camo looks very nice.

The ECM & Phimat pods should be swapped over though.

I hadn't noticed they were the wrong way round, thanks for pointing it out but I think that's the way it's going to stay for the time being at least. 😊

• Like 1

Nice to see one in flight.  Always a cool looking jet.  If it is a Revell then i understand it is the same as the Airfix kit.  Did yo miss off the two aerials behind the cockpit?  Only noticed as I have done a GR1 and GR3 and they both have different aerial installs.

9 hours ago, bar side said:

Nice to see one in flight.  Always a cool looking jet.  If it is a Revell then i understand it is the same as the Airfix kit.  Did yo miss off the two aerials behind the cockpit?  Only noticed as I have done a GR1 and GR3 and they both have different aerial installs.

The aerials should be there but they were lost to the carpet monster, if you look at my WIP you will see the problems I had with the build towards the end. In the end I just wanted it finished. I'm afraid my OCD won't allow me start another model until I've finished ( or binned) the current project 😅.

Know what you mean about getting them done.  I got to the end of may Jag and couldn’t find the aerials in the kit ( it was second hand / started) so had to make some new plasticard ones.