This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Noel Smith

Milton Keynes MODELKRAFT 2019 NEW VENUE

Posted (edited)

28th April we move to our new show venue The Marshall Arena at MK Dons Football Stadium. Full details on Milton Keynes Scale Model Club Website. Being advertised as largest one day model show in Europe. Lots of traders booked, competition and many clubs and sigs displaying.

Edited by Noel Smith

The venue was featured on the James May Hornby programme last week. It looks really nice..👍

I’ll be wandering along to this, looking forward to it even if the bank balance won’t be

Matt

Good luck with the new venue. If the dates hadn't clashed with the Scottish National Model Show in Perth I would have been very keen to attend, maybe next time.

Duncan B

I drove past the venue the other day. It looks blimming enormous! This will certainly be a major upgrade from the tired, mouldy and over-heated previous venue.

I wish the MK club every success with the new location. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Chris, I see you live in Bedfordshire. Why not look in on one of MKSMC's club nights. Details on the club website.

Or just collar one of our members at the show for some more info.

Modelkraft 2019 28th April 2019 Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes. 

Today was our last walk around of the venue before the big day.

The stats are stunning

3500 Parking Spaces

560 Tables

47 Trader and Manufacturers

94 Clubs

4 Classic Cars

1 Military Vehicle

1 Glider

1 Hotel

10 Restaurants

1 Cinema

15 Major shops 

All we need now is you!

Please spread the word as all profits are going to the Willen Hospice and kids go FREE

photos at https://www.facebook.com/groups/80380300988/permalink/10155768602470989/

www.mksmc.co.uk

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Noel Smith said:

Chris, I see you live in Bedfordshire. Why not look in on one of MKSMC's club nights. Details on the club website.

Or just collar one of our members at the show for some more info.

Noel,  I don't think Chris is a clubber, but he comes along to all the shows we put on in Hanslope.

Paul

560 tables!! Blimme...

This is going to feel like a one-day version of Telford. Very much looking forward to it. My wallet is not so sure, though.

See all you folks on the day.

Chris.

Posted (edited)

Big undertaking for mksmc. Much better hall. One large open space instead of all the nooks and crannies on the old Stantonbury School site. Really looking forward to this event! A proper, purpose built exhibition hall at last.

Edited by Noel Smith

Posted (edited)

I'm very much looking forward to this. I reckon it could be the highlight of the modelling-show calendar (with the exception of Telford, of course!). I can smell the bargains already.... Come to daddy, my pretty, plastic beauties!

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

The IPMS Scottish Nationals happen to be on the same weekend, but Perth and Milton Keynes are so far away from each other so as not to affect attendance of either. 

Unfortunately a lot of the traders are opting for the two days at Perth in preference

On 4/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, chris57 said:

Unfortunately a lot of the traders are opting for the two days at Perth in preference

I think they might have made the wrong choice, on this occasion....

Chris. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:01 AM, chris57 said:

Not sure where that info came from we had two traders cancel because of Scottish nationals but added five so we now have 43 traders and manufacturers including Copper State Models from Latvia our furthest visitor as well as Czech and Holland. See the full list on the ModelKraft website.

Never thought we would fill it and now we have also added the two balcony areas as well as the arena main floor and we are turning away club and traders. 

If the MK Club are turning traders away with such a huge venue to fill, that suggests it will genuinely be the biggest one-day show in Europe.

My wallet is going to be MUCH lighter on the 28th April.....

Chris. 

Looking forward to this :thumbsup:

We actually think largest one day in World as far as floor space and certainly in numbers of clubs. The only one that comes close is ModelBrno which wins on competition as they regularly get 900+ entries compared to our 150+. But only ten clubs.

You can fit the US Nationals in our venue, Twice!!!

Next year depending on Football fixture list we are going to try and clear Scottish Nationals and Moson in Hungary so we can try and get the bigger Czech companies and some from up North. 

But it will mean the show has to move every year due to easter and fixture list.

But first we need to get this one out of the way and turn a profit, all off which goes to the Willen hospice. .

10 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

We actually think largest one day in World as far as floor space and certainly in numbers of clubs. The only one that comes close is ModelBrno which wins on competition as they regularly get 900+ entries compared to our 150+. But only ten clubs.

You can fit the US Nationals in our venue, Twice!!!

Next year depending on Football fixture list we are going to try and clear Scottish Nationals and Moson in Hungary so we can try and get the bigger Czech companies and some from up North. 

But it will mean the show has to move every year due to easter and fixture list.

But first we need to get this one out of the way and turn a profit, all off which goes to the Willen hospice. .

The date clash has always been a problem with shows, just a shame Vince & Steve both opted for Perth.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, chris57 said:

The date clash has always been a problem with shows, just a shame Vince & Steve both opted for Perth.

I've been told that Vince is doing Perth on the Saturday, driving down south that evening and doing the MK show on the Sunday. The man's either a legend or a nutter (or both). I hope his mate "Mr. P" is going to be sharing the driving duties... 

Chris.  

NEWSFLASH.....

Just checked the MK Clubs website. Models For Sale are NOT on the trader-list, so it looks like this rumour is about as reliable as the Conservative's Brexit management. Please dis-regard the above.   

Edited by spruecutter96
Adding some info.

Should be there displaying some of my finished models with IPMS Norfolk Scale Model Group.  I have not attended a show in ages .... !

(Some of my finished stuff already posted here on Britmodeller in the In Progress and Ready For Inspection sections will be going).

B)

I've not been to this show before (going this year), but it seems popular with our club (Wallingford).

We normally only get 2-3 members interested in each regional show, but we have 6 clamouring to get to this one :)

Simon.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, spruecutter96 said:

I've been told that Vince is doing Perth on the Saturday, driving down south that evening and doing the MK show on the Sunday. The man's either a legend or a nutter (or both). I hope his mate "Mr. P" is going to be sharing the driving duties... 

Chris.  

NEWSFLASH.....

Just checked the MK Clubs website. Models For Sale are NOT on the trader-list, so it looks like this rumour is about as reliable as the Conservative's Brexit management. Please dis-regard the above.   

I spoke to Vince at Cosford and he said that whilst Sunday was quiet at Perth, it was just too far to travel to MK, so undoable.

12 hours ago, Ratch said:

I spoke to Vince at Cosford and he said that whilst Sunday was quiet at Perth, it was just too far to travel to MK, so undoable.

I don't blame him at all. That would be a huge amount of driving to do over three days (including the haul from Raunds to bonnie Scotland on the Friday). I hope he does well up in Perth. 

Chris. 

And lots of free parking in the ASDA car park as well!