BBC Filming War Of The Worlds in UK

1 hour ago, R159 said:

The only good thing about the series was it prompted me to read the book and the follow up Massacre of Mankind.

i don’t understand why the story was not honoured 

Ah, haven’t dared try Massacre of Mankind. I read another of his and though he can do plot, I thought his characterisation and especially dialogue were poor. 

I’d love a TV adaptation of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner myself.

40 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Every now and then I wish for an adaptation of Frederick Forsyths “The Shepherd”

Then I think about that and wish they don’t 

@JohnTThe Canadian Broadcasting Company radio reading by “Fireside Al” Maitland is pretty good. I listen to it every Christmas Eve, a glass of good whisky in my hand...

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2681042574/

de-havilland-vampire-with-mosquito.jpg

They also broadcast it every year...

best,

M.

19 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

@JohnTThe Canadian Broadcasting Company radio reading by “Fireside Al” Maitland is pretty good. I listen to it every Christmas Eve, a glass of good whisky in hand

Ah, a man after my own heart. I have that on cd and the Robert Powell narration on old fashioned magnetic tape. I can never make up my mind as to whether it goes best on Christmas Eve with Whisky, Drambuie or a really good Port

heres 🥃 to you

ps. If it was to be done then I can think of a certain producer a la Wingnut Wings that could do a decent job

On 12/14/2019 at 6:17 PM, John_W said:

Now, a proper adaptation of "Starship Troopers" would be nice maybe follow up with " The Forever War".

The Forever War was supposed to be turned into a movie with Ridley Scott directing and Channing Tatum starring, however i haven't heard much about it over the last few years.... but it has moved closer to production in the last 5 years than the previous 20! 

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/167077/what-if-any-is-the-current-status-of-the-forever-war-movie

• Like 1

Racetrack.........I like your dry sense of humour about Dracula going to suck!     It's what he does best!

Seen a few references to 'The Massacre of Mankind' in this thread that I would gather is a modern writer's follow up to War of the Worlds.

Guess that the Martians are coming back for  second pop in this one!