NA/AW-A-10

SouthViper

I am working on the 1/48 NAW-A10, by HobbyBoss.

As I do not have the Monogram-Revell kit to make myself comparisons between both kits I ask if does exist some article on Internet

regarding corrections or fixing some issues on the HobbyBoss NA/AW-A-10 ?  specially regarding the front fuselage dimensions ?

Thanks

SouthViper 

See the brief build article below. Not my scale, to be sure, but there is something about those nose contours on the HB kit that don't look right to me- you might want to look at some photos. Probably  nothing, as I didn't read anything negative about the nose contours in any of the builds/reviews, but you might want to check for yourself and trust your opinion. These ol' Mk 1a eyeballs ain't what they used to be!

Mike

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/266180-hobbyboss-148-a-10a/

https://www.scalemodellingnow.com/aircraft-hobbyboss-a10-thunderbolt2-warthog-build-review

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling, added text
  • Thanks 1

There are a lot of small differences on the N/AW compared to a normal A-10 (not withstanding the obvious two seat differences) because it was a modification of a Full Scale Development (FSD) aircraft. 1/48 is not my scale, so I can't speak to the specifics of the Hobby Boss kit, however.

I did a lot of work in prepation for the making the conversion in 1/72 scale, including a trip to Edwards AFB and the flight test museum to see the aircraft on display there. After poring over the references for way too long, I generated a set of line drawings in 1/72. I think I can confidently say that they are the most accurate N/AW drawings out there. I'm sure that they are not perfect, but they capture the changes better than anything I've seen.

The question is, how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go to make an accurate N/AW?

Cheers,

Hoops

Thanks guys

What I meant by comparisons between Monogram x Hobbyboss kits is about dimensions,and  specially, about volumetry

of the nose section, as I presume they are the same on A-10As and the NAW-A-10 prototype ,  because I am planning

to install the fine Master Gun Muzzle on it so I think proportions are mandatory .

Thanks for Your patience... would  said Shakespeare 

SouthViper