Mig 29 Fulcrum in Bundesluftwaffe livery

Hello fellow modellers,

I present you my Fulcrum,  the Italeri kit in 1/72 has a bit of a story itself, it was bought and assembled at around the year 1999 when i was a kid and stood proud with russian colours 20 years or so... until i got back at full on modelling and i decided to re paint it because i needed something to do a airbrushing workshop in the modelling club i joined last year, so the model itself was finished at around march 2018.

One thing that caught my eye was the weathering in the radome areas and the nose wich was caused by an experiment around 1993 wich consisted in painting this areas in an unusual light gray tone wich was worned out quite rapidly showing the dark gray underneath.

I made the intakes and sensor covers in scratch, and  the whole right vertical rudder (made from plasticard) ... and a few more details..

The decals where custom made and printed in decal paper from a photo of the original machine.

Altough this kit was planned as a practice and learning base,  and considering the really poor shape when i decided to use as a experiment, it took some momentum and i tryed my best to make it special, despite a lot of errors i enjoyed it very much.

Later on i bought the new Fulcrum trumpeter in 1/72 to make it in DDR camo wich looks terrific from the start (and will take much less headaches..i hope) ... so well see...

So... enough yapping...

Mig 29 Bundesluftwaffe based in  Leck in 1993.

German-MiG-29A-Fulcrum-1-300x203Foto de Ignasio Gonzalez(1)

Foto de Ignasio GonzalezFoto de Ignasio Gonzalez(4)

Foto de Ignasio Gonzalez(12)

Foto de Ignasio Gonzalez(10)Foto de Ignasio Gonzalez(9)Foto de Ignasio Gonzalez(6)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Iggy - that's a very good paint job - that airbrush workshop paid off big time:) You got a really nice weathered effect - and I love the full on weathered nose cone - hairspray effect? You did an awesome job on recreating this from your references. And it's a German Fulcrum... very cool. This could pass for a bigger model... Well done :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Very nice Iggy - that's a very good paint job - that airbrush workshop paid off big time:) You got a really nice weathered effect - and I love the full on weathered nose cone - hairspray effect? You did an awesome job on recreating this from your references. And it's a German Fulcrum... very cool. This could pass for a bigger model... Well done :)

Thanks for your kind words, the nose effect was made with vallejo chipping fluid.. Really easy to use actually. 

Cheers!