Marmon-Herrington MkII, North Africa 1941.

DaveyGair

Here's what I'll be attempting for this build, a change from aircraft, although I have never finished an AFV in a GB 🙄

IBG's 1/35th Marmon-Herrington armoured car, with resin 'clutter' by black dog.  We'll see how it goes, I may add some figures, not my strong point!

DSC_0081DSC_0082DSC_0083DSC_0084DSC_0085

• Like 8

welcome along Davey, and gee what an interesting choice as well!

The model does look nice and you've got some nice extras to go with it. Figures aren't my strong point either, if I can avoid it I don't use them.

Well good luck with the build, hopefully you'll get to finish your first AFV in a GB. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting subject indeed. Those Black Dog extras do look rather good as well and adding at least one of the figures would give it a sense of scale.

• 4 weeks later...

Better get started on this!

Been starting on some sub-assemblies, the Ford Flathead V8 and chassis. The instructions have you fiddling with PE stuff, but that can wait!

The engine is assembled complete with Radiator which is a bit finicky with attaching four hoses and lining everything up.

The chassis could have been engineered better, it is made up of loads of parts, the two long chassis rails and the cross members, they moulded the front springs and hangers in place but not the rears. Went together OK but needs care to line up, and the cross members don't have fool-proof positive locations, just small tabs inside the rails to attach to. 

Added the first of the loads of PE to the inside of the screen armour, some of this will probably not make it onto the model!

The front radiator armoured doors are made up of 3 parts each, both the screen and these doors are realistically thin.

Painting of the engine isn't a priority as it will be mostly hidden when fully assembled.

Davey.

DSC_0001DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0004DSC_0005DSC_0006DSC_0007DSC_0008

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

You're off to a good start there Davey and there's certainly plenty detail included in the kit parts :thumbsup: