Good Greif it's an Einkle - +++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

How did I miss this till now. This is fantastic Greg. I will be sticking around. I have this kit and the 1/48 one which I really want to build one day.

Greg can I suggest you add a few red yellow and white to the instruments you now the nobs and the one or two instrument faces. This will help you see more through the canopy.

Edited by Greg Law
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Looks like another great build in prospect. Great start on the interior! Very nicely done! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix 😃

More progress has been made. Just haven't had time to post more pics. 

Cheers Greg

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

How did I miss this till now. This is fantastic Greg. I will be sticking around. I have this kit and the 1/48 one which I really want to build one day.

Greg can I suggest you add a few red yellow and white to the instruments you now the nobs and the one or two instrument faces. This will help you see more through the canopy.

Hi Greg,

The 1/48 version will be huge 😯 

I have already buttoned up the fuselage so I won't be able to add colour to the instruments now. The kit canopy it fairly thick and not much will be seen once it's on.

Cheers Greg 👍

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

It looks to  build up into an impressive size for a  72nd scale kit , I look forward to seeing it built up, maybe a comparison shot at the end Greg  just because

Hi Glynn,

It's a big aircraft even in 1/72, I'll try and get some photos posted soon.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Greg,

The 1/48 version will be huge 😯 

I have already buttoned up the fuselage so I won't be able to add colour to the instruments now. The kit canopy it fairly thick and not much will be seen once it's on.

Cheers Greg 👍

HI Greg

Why don't you get a Falcon canopy for it. You will be able to see so much more, the frame work will be finer as well and I haven't seen any fit issues with it. 

I just checked Hannants have them here is a link.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FNCV0972

Edited by Greg Law
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm :hmmm: to those that hadn't see my Zwilling version of the He-177 I actually have planes one day to go large and do the same project (with a few more realistic changes) in 1/48th!!

I really do like....love this aircraft, think I have 3 or 4 more of the Revel 1/72nd models in the stash waiting for future projects. the Revell model is a real beauty and goes together without any issues.

• Like 1

Good progress Greg. You are going so fast with this I'm not going to have time to enjoy it.

Rich that is a lovely Bird you made there. I hope you enjoyed doing it. It certainly was a good result,

a very interesting imaginative concept. 

Edited by Greg Law
  • Thanks 1

Mine is sitting on the shelf just waiting for the day I win that lotto. I might do the 1/72 one in the end as I have that kit too. This is one of the reasons I'm interested to see how Greg gets on.

• Like 2

That is a big model! Never considered the size until seeing it there beside your -188 but then again this is the German equivalent to a Lancaster or B-17

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Col. said:

That is a big model! Never considered the size until seeing it there beside your -188 but then again this is the German equivalent to a Lancaster or B-17

Indeed it is! Many folks are still confused how many engines it has as its only got two props. The wing span is certainly long enough to carry two more single engines rather than the sometimes dodgy two in to one arrangement. 

cheers Greg 😁

• Like 1

the engine config was really different on these and a major source of their early issues......catching fire namely!

The early A & A0 models had the DB-606 engine (which was a pair of DB-601's normally good engines), the A3's and after had the later DB-610 (which was a pair of DB-605's), though the transfer box for the engines was still a bit of a weak point with the design.

They then tried mounting the engines individually, this time DB-603's (there were plans for other engines), and was referred to as the He-177 A-8 for a while during the design stage (and He-177 H) , but later emerged as the He-274. Only 2 were built and after the war ended they ended up in service with French Air Force in their aircraft testing service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Looking good Greg . Hope the Kitchen is a Weekend edition :)

Thanks Alistair,

I have assembled the main units over the last two days and my knees are shot! Joiner is arriving today to fit the worktops, which hopefully will allow us to return to some sort of normality. 

Nowhere near as much fun as the Heinkle.

Cheers Greg

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

the engine config was really different on these and a major source of their early issues......catching fire namely!

The early A & A0 models had the DB-606 engine (which was a pair of DB-601's normally good engines), the A3's and after had the later DB-610 (which was a pair of DB-605's), though the transfer box for the engines was still a bit of a weak point with the design.

They then tried mounting the engines individually, this time DB-603's (there were plans for other engines), and was referred to as the He-177 A-8 for a while during the design stage (and He-177 H) , but later emerged as the He-274. Only 2 were built and after the war ended they ended up in service with French Air Force in their aircraft testing service.

Cheers Rich,

I recall they made a version with 4 single engines but couldn't remember what it was called😕

Cheers Greg

29 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Good work on your Einkle mate :)

This one needs some space on the shelf when done.

Cheers mate 🍺

I reckon I have some room for her when she's ready. Going to have to put up more shelves soon. 

Greg 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers mate 🍺

I reckon I have some room for her when she's ready. Going to have to put up more shelves soon. 

Greg 😁

Good idea to add shelf space.

When you did the He 177 you may need another four engined beauty..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Good idea to add shelf space.

When you did the He 177 you may need another four engined beauty..... 

Yes indeedy,

I have a number of heavies in the stash.....😄

• Haha 1