Good Greif it's an Einkle - +++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

15 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Looking good Greg. I'm pleased to see you picked up on the fact that the main doors are closed on the ground.

Thanks Greg 👍

Btw the main doors are not separate parts in the kit, so a moulded closed! I did wonder about those as the old Airfix kit I built as a boy had the option to have them open.

Cheers Greg 🍺

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Cracking job on the camo Greg, it really has turned out well

Cheers Glynn 🍺

Took a while with cotton buds and brushes but I'm happy how it turned out. Got more done this weekend but haven't had time to take photos.

Greg 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Just trying to catch up with people's work - any more progress on this project?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Just trying to catch up with people's work - any more progress on this project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, 

Thanks for the kind comments.

Basically this one is finished, I just need to get some pictures taken and post it up. I had hoped to get some outside but the weather here has been rotten😞

Hopefully I can take some soon.

Cheers Greg 👍

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yeah where are we at with this one? Just popped out for :popcorn:

Hi Rich, 

I just need some pictures to post, and I'm done.

Cheers Greg 😄

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

:penguin: now I'm getting excited!! (bouncing Penguin is because it's sooooo cold here, 11C!! :cold:)

It was only 9C here this morning and only warmed up to 18C by late this afternoon.

Chris

we had snow on the hills (too small to really be called mountains!) outside Sydney yesterday, was -8C there overnight! 

God I reach for arctic thermal wear when the temp drops below 20C!!

• Like 2

Well folks thats me done!

Sorry about the lack of updates but ulitamtely life got in the way- AGAIN!

This is the first German bomber i have done in a while, and i have to say it was an enjoyable one. The kit is very well engineered, and suffered my hamfisted efforts to the very end.

Finishing took longer than i expected with lots of little details to keep adding. Top tip from me for this one is not to add the tail gun until the very end. The kit becomes hard to handle after a while with lots of fragile bits that are liable to damage. The main cockpit transparencies did n't fit well for me but theres a good chance that was just ME!!

Thanks to all for showing an interest in my build, and for all the comments and encouragement along the way.

Heres a few pics more in the gallery,

Cheers Greg

48015065327_98c337e8df_z.jpg

48014988498_b420ce925e_z.jpg

48014977256_4e949aee78_z.jpg

48014988318_35dee9871e_z.jpg

48014988578_b79e51bff3_z.jpg

• Like 10

Very nice work Greg

On 6/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, trickyrich said:

God I reach for arctic thermal wear when the temp drops below 20C!!

I still find it odd to see everyone has their scarves out here as soon as the temperature drops below 20 - people dressed for winter in weather that would have my Mum getting the garden furniture out! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Congratulations Greg.  I've always liked these big Heinkels and you've done this one proud.

Cliff

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Looks fantastic!!

8 hours ago, zebra said:

Very nice work Greg

I still find it odd to see everyone has their scarves out here as soon as the temperature drops below 20 - people dressed for winter in weather that would have my Mum getting the garden furniture out! 

Thank you again folks 👍

I'm pleased you like it😄

Cheers Greg

awesome work Greg!!!! :thumbsup: I really do have a bit of a soft spot for these!  I love the paint job, quite different in the way you did it, but it works! 

I do hope you enjoyed the build and nice to see you haven't lost your touch with a German bomber.....think you have to do a 1/48th monster next!! :wicked:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Love your Crazy paving lanndscapeing on her .fantastic result .

Alistair

Thanks Alistair 👍

I admit I have used artistic licence with the paint scheme, the real thing has a more solid pattern. 

Thanks for all the support during my build.

cheers Greg 🍺

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

awesome work Greg!!!! :thumbsup: I really do have a bit of a soft spot for these!  I love the paint job, quite different in the way you did it, but it works! 

I do hope you enjoyed the build and nice to see you haven't lost your touch with a German bomber.....think you have to do a 1/48th monster next!! :wicked:

Many thanks Rich for all your encouragement and for hosting the GB too.

I really enjoyed the build, and watching all the others progress on their projects too.

All the best Greg 😁

Well done getting this one over the line. Looks way better in the natural light than in the shots in the gallery.

Like Rich it is one of my favorite aircraft and you have done it justice. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Well done getting this one over the line. Looks way better in the natural light than in the shots in the gallery.

Like Rich it is one of my favorite aircraft and you have done it justice. 

12 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

A stunning result there Greg, like those above, I love your paint job, a crazy camo scheme & you've caught it so well. 👍

Steve.

Thank you Gents, much appreciated 😁👍

🍺 🍺 Greg

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Great to see your build finished - and what a superb result!! Your camo scheme deserves a special mention! Fantastic modelling!! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Great to see your build finished - and what a superb result!! Your camo scheme deserves a special mention! Fantastic modelling!! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Many thanks for the kind comments 👍

Onwards and upwards with the Frog, Tiger and D Day GBs  now 😉

Cheers Greg