Good Greif it's an Einkle - +++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see more progress Greg and hope the kitchen upgrade is going/has gone well!! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Kitchen refurb has reached a stage that allowed me back to the bench for good behaviour 😇

More progress will be made shortly.....I

Cheers Greg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Well done on those painted on spirals Greg and your start on the cammo . Its a big old bird to do before concentration evaporates .

Thanks Alistair 👍

Have covered most of the fuselage and post wing now just by doing short bursts. I hope to have most of it done by the weekend. 

Cheers Greg 

10 hours ago, BerndM said:

Looks good and yes spiral decals for propellers are evil especially on very pointed ones like on your 177.

Cheers mate 🍺

My painted spiral is thicker than the decal was but is better than just painting it black. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

great work on that paint work, that pattern is really hard to do and the cotton bud method is very clever!

Thanks Rich,

I got the cotton bud idea from another modeller on BM who was using it to apply mottle on a 262. It seems to work well.....😃

Hi Greg. Hope the kitchen is progressing well and great to see progress on this project. The spirals and camo work are looking excellent! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope the kitchen is progressing well and great to see progress on this project. The spirals and camo work are looking excellent! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thank you for the kind comments 👍

Upper camo paint is now complete, and I am looking to get the underside done next. More progress at the weekend hopefully.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Well done on the spiral. I dread doing those kind of things. I getting the seat belts on the second Me 262 at the moment. Always tricky for me as they are always trying to run away on me. 

• Thanks 1

Update 4.....

Main camo and undersides are painted including a pin wash and drybrush of the upper sides to try and soften the camo pattern.

The difference with the drybrushing is subtle and may not have shown up too well in the photos. I am quite pleased with the overall look.

I am in the process of adding the landing gear, which will be tricky when adding the doors per the instructions. Anyone attempting this kit i would suggest adding the inner doors before adding the legs.

Heres some pic's thanks for looking.

46915427625_2aa31b1f42_z.jpg

32887804907_6d77c04cfc_z.jpg

33954408678_0a0e402b71_z.jpg

40865121033_2b8effc2b5_z.jpg

32887804737_79f98f366f_z.jpg

46915427385_73a62e6189_z.jpg

Let me know what you think, cheers Greg 

• Like 8

On 5/11/2019 at 6:44 AM, Col. said:

An interesting technique for the complicated camouflage scheme Greg. How's it going for you?

Hi Col,

Going well, see next post for an update,

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

that does look so very nice!!  The cotton buds worked a treat, I really love the scheme.

I had actually forgotten how I did the landing gear and cover, not sure why as I had an extra set to do! If my list wasn't so long and life so short (and space even more so!!!) I'd add a 1/48th version of this beast to the list!! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that does look so very nice!!  The cotton buds worked a treat, I really love the scheme.

I had actually forgotten how I did the landing gear and cover, not sure why as I had an extra set to do! If my list wasn't so long and life so short (and space even more so!!!) I'd add a 1/48th version of this beast to the list!! :wub:

Cheers Rich 🍺

I am hoping I can fit the gear doors without too much drama. There's not much space to work between the landing struts. 

Hopefully I won't be too much longer with this one now.

Greg 😄

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling

1 hour ago, Mottlemaster said:

It looks like a Peppered Moth hiding on a wall :)

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 😆

But I see what you mean! 

Cheers Greg 👍

Good if your the moth .Bad for the bird that cant find the moth to eat ;)

Peppered moths are famous for their excellent camoflage .....Just like your grief excellent .

8 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 😆

But I see what you mean! 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Thanks 1

It's certainly an effective camouflage against that wall :thumbsup: Seriously though, a lot of work but worth it for a nice result.

• Thanks 1