Good Greif it's an Einkle - +++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

Under the ship killer category - He 177A-5 with Fritz X guided missiles. In 1943 Fritz X missiles sunk the battleship Roma. 

I hope to do a couple more in the GB time allowing, but i will see how i get on with this one first.

TFL 

Cheers Greg

40373024323_75bb0f54c6_z.jpg

47338210181_ff216db61d_z.jpg

40373023873_4a114eb677_z.jpg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Facts
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Just quoted the bumf  on the front of the instructions. 😐 maybe I misread it 😕 I am a victim of fake news 😀lol

anyhoo it's an anti shipping aircraft, and therefore a (potential) ship killer.

cheers Greg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mottlemaster said:

Nice choise Greg .

Make sure to keep a fire extinguisher next to your work bench as these things had a habbit of catching fire 😁

Cheers Alistair.

I've had this one in the stash for a while so it seems like a good time to do it.

All the best Greg 👍

Welcome along Greg and with a model that is close to my heart and one of my fav aircraft!! 

She's a great model to build, I think I still have 4 in the stash for various projects, more Zwillings of course.

DSCF1835-S.jpg

DSCF1848-S.jpg

The spinner decals actually go on really easily which was a bit of a surprise. The A-5's were less inclined to catch fire than the earlier models, so you shouldn't need to keep the extinguisher on the bench.

Am really looking forward to this build :popcorn:, it may be the incentive I need to build the 4/5 engined monster! Good luck with her, it should be a nice trouble free build and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

....now if I buy 2 of the 1/48th beasties......... :hmmm:

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Welcome along Greg and with a model that is close to my heart and one of my fav aircraft!! 

She's a great model to build, I think I still have 4 in the stash for various projects, more Zwillings of course.

DSCF1835-S.jpg

DSCF1848-S.jpg

The spinner decals actually go on really easily which was a bit of a surprise. The A-5's were less inclined to catch fire than the earlier models, so you shouldn't need to keep the extinguisher on the bench.

Am really looking forward to this build :popcorn:, it may be the incentive I need to build the 4/5 engined monster! Good luck with her, it should be a nice trouble free build and I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

....now if I buy 2 of the 1/48th beasties......... :hmmm:

Cheers Rich,

I'm looking forward to it too. I didn't know there was a zillwing version 😯 

All the best Greg 👍

I just looked at the instruction sheet and what it says is: The Fritz-X achieved it's greatest success on 14 September 1943 with the sinking of the state-of-the-art

Italian Battleship, the Roma.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Yep,

my mistake not reading the instructions carefully 😗 now whose never done that before? 😁

I have amended my introduction accordingly. 

Looking forward to getting started at the weekend 😇

Cheers Greg🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

either way she's a great entry into this build.

She another case of short sightedness by the powers that be, the idea was right it just needed finessing a bit more........probably lucky they didn't get it right!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Col. said:

An unusual subject choice and all the better for it :speak_cool: That camouflage scheme looks a bit, er, 'involved'!

Cheers Col 👍

Yes the cammo will be challenging, but still easier than mottle 😀

6 hours ago, BerndM said:

It is a good build with great details but many of them will be hard to see after the Heinkel is done.

Hi Bernd,

So far I have built up the cockpit interior, and dry fitted it in the fuselage. Sadly you are correct most of the nice details will be hard to see. Still it's an enjoyable build so far.

I will try and get some pictures posted over the weekend.

🍺 Greg

• Like 1

Sounds like a good start. Looking forward to see your pix.

I have build mine right after the kit was released. It went from the shop into my car and landed directly on my bench.

Have a great Friday evening :)

Cheers

Bernd

• Thanks 1

Progress Pt 1...

The first 12 stages of the build are dedicated to the cockpit, which is very well detailed out of the box. I have been lazy and painted on the moulded seat harnesses, which are faint but visible against the grey seats. 

Revell have ribbed much of the crew areas although you will not see much if many of these once he fuselage is buttoned up. 

So far so good then, its been a easy build so far albeit the 1/72 details and parts are fiddly for my fatfingers!

47394713492_ba8883b3b6_z.jpg

47394713472_8e6ed8f04c_z.jpg

47394713442_d59c45fbf1_z.jpg

32505867297_ea3fa06ceb_z.jpg

47394713422_9372ed8996_z.jpg

32505867247_967117d7c0_z.jpg

Thats all for now folks, TFL Greg

• Like 9

Good work. The molded on seat belts are effective for this scale especially behind the thick glazing.

Good to have photos.

Cheers

Bernd

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Nice work Greg. .

I had a quick look through the glazing of mine and Bernd is correct .

Cheers

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,

Revell provide a lot of nice detail inside this kit, which can't be seen once finished. Still very enjoyable as part of the build though. 

All the best Greg 😀

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

the interior on these is quite nicely done for the scale and it's shame you don't get to really see it as well, nice work in your interior.

Thanks Rich, 

As you predicted it is building up nicely, and once the fuse is joined with all the good stuff inside I should be able to progress this one quite quickly.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...