Emhar 1/35 Medium Mark A Whippet (properly finished post 11th Hour GB)

This was a build for the "Eleventh Hour" Group Build and although I got it finished it wasn't fully weathered, I was particularly unhappy with the tracks.

Build thread here 11th Hour GB - Whippet Build

So, I have muckied it some more and it is now properly finished

33461671918_f555b64118_c.jpg

47285015702_f56930ac7c_c.jpg

The "White/Red/White" identification markings were painted on rather than use the kit decals and this side came out a little wonky. On consideration I thought these were probably painted by hand so just left it rather than re-paint the whole side.

33461670758_01013cc345_c.jpg

I still don't like the tracks as you can see where the individual track plates are curved here rather than like the sides of a polyhedron.

33461670328_8705160987_c.jpg

Figures are from "Master Box - Tankmen of WW1 era" set

47285014092_3fc3313ee9_c.jpg

47285012462_ef6700bd28_c.jpg

"One for the readers at home lads, please!" (Arty age-ified version. A little self indulgence)

And the "set" looks like this:

33461669698_d8be925a92_c.jpg

Something to photograph stuff on that isn't a plain white background or a cutting mat! The base is a bit of hardboard from a box of "posh" satsumas bought for Christmas. The road surface is a little oversize (but not usually seen from this angle), the "misty trees" background was just found on the web and printed out twice on A4 (once as a mirror image) and stuck together to give a long background and simply propped up behind the base with assorted modelling gubbins. A little photoshopping was carried out if the cutting mat showed on the images above, but other than the arty "age-ified" image of the two figures no digital wizardry was attempted.

• Like 20

On 3/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, Buzby061 said:

Very nice indeed. Accurate Armour do separate track links, I used them on my Mk IV. 

Pete

Yes, I knew about them, I took the decision to go with the "rubber bands" thinking they might be OK and they are (just about) but in a couple of the photographs it is screamingly obvious that they are not solid plates of metal. Some of this is my lack of experience of 1/35 (this was my first ever model in this scale) I didn't appreciate what it would look like on the finished model

Live and learn eh? :penguin:

18 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Yes, I knew about them, I took the decision to go with the "rubber bands" thinking they might be OK and they are (just about) but in a couple of the photographs it is screamingly obvious that they are not solid plates of metal. Some of this is my lack of experience of 1/35 (this was my first ever model in this scale) I didn't appreciate what it would look like on the finished model

Live and learn eh? :penguin:

Yup, that's what it's all about but your Whippet turned out really well. Emhar were the only game in town for WW1 tanks at one time but still scrub up well & are good value.

618afba8-142a-47af-825b-4fdb8a01e237.jpg

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice finish on the old Emhar kit. I too have made one of these and they are a solid basis for turning out a Whippet,  as already mentioned investing in the AA tracks isn't a excessive luxury. 

The Meng kit is expensive and these old designs lend themselves to the Emhar treatment. 

BTW also like the dio and the photo-trickery.