1/32 Henschel hs129 B-2 Completed

Mottlemaster

...and we can go on and on...

I do love that free hand work with the airbrush, have been looking at the photos again, gee that's nice work Alistair! For what most people would take for a really difficult model to build you've done a fantastic job! :thumbsup:

I really may have to grab one of these the next time I see one on evilBay!

• Like 1

I really like what you are doing and it gave me an idea to get the 1/48 Hasegawa kit to paint the desert colours before I do my He 111H-6. This will allow me to get used to the colour.

I keep telling myself to stop buying kits. Next thing I turn around and there is a new one on the way...... I just said to Dave I have to stop. Then I went to Trademe site to check something

and guest what The Hasegawa Hs 129  stared back at me a really good price. It was fate. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I keep telling myself to stop buying kits. Next thing I turn around and there is a new one on the way.....

And thats exactly how a stash grows. 👍 Addictive hobby isnt it ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

I would say for sure. I must have most of the Luftwaffe aircraft in 1/48 now. Just missing the odd ball stuff. Some I don't have every variant, but at least one of a type. 

I have some 1/72 bigger planes and some left over from my earlier days in 1/72.

On top of that I have my British group that isn't complete, but not too bad. Then there is the Japanese planes I managed to stop that collection before it got

out of control. Most of my US stuff is directed to the commonwealth airforces at this stage. Life is good....................

• Like 2

@Greg Law, you're starting to sound like me and evilBay when I see resin models (and others)!!! I seem to be acquiring more models than I'm building (and finding it hard to explain that to SWMBO!  :chair: )  ...and I haven't even gotten to the spreadsheet (god someone has to pay for that new obsession..) of planned builds I want to do! I've even planned all the AM stuff to go with themas well! :doh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know the feeling.  I call it my retirement plan.  😆 

I probably only average 2-4 models a year right now...and I'm running out of closet space and yet more keep showing up.  I want to build more, and am always in the planning stages for various GBs...but can seldom find the time to take part.  Figure if I at least have my ducks lined up I'll be ready to roll if I happen to find the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have only recently returned to model building, and actually, model collecting is the only advances I have made so far. I don't qualify as a builder yet, and my collection (which I am sure is laughably small) is right around twelve in the cue. I joined this site almost a year ago, to learn everything I missed in the past thirty years, and realized that I need to learn before I build, also had to figure out what tools I needed to add to my arsenal as well. I have a pretty good start, and just missing a few key items before I can actually build my first kit, properly. With resin and PE, two totally new aspects I have never used before, being already part of my kits, I am learning daily from others, and I hope to begin my first build in earnest, by early June. I definitely need to stop buying and start building, or I will never get anywhere and just waste a lot of money, with nothing to show for it.

What's that old saying, something about getting off the pot?

Anthony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stalker6Recon said:

I have only recently returned to model building, and actually, model collecting is the only advances I have made so far. I don't qualify as a builder yet, and my collection (which I am sure is laughably small) is right around twelve in the cue. I joined this site almost a year ago, to learn everything I missed in the past thirty years, and realized that I need to learn before I build, also had to figure out what tools I needed to add to my arsenal as well. I have a pretty good start, and just missing a few key items before I can actually build my first kit, properly. With resin and PE, two totally new aspects I have never used before, being already part of my kits, I am learning daily from others, and I hope to begin my first build in earnest, by early June. I definitely need to stop buying and start building, or I will never get anywhere and just waste a lot of money, with nothing to show for it.

What's that old saying, something about getting off the pot?

Anthony

Anthony

You need to start something soon. I suggest use the easiest model of whatever theme interests you the most. If you have one use a Tamiya model. They normally go together very well. Rather than kits focus on get the tools you need. The kits will generally always be obtainable on eBay even if they are out of production. I bought a Tamiya two seater Do 335 the other day. Also make sure the paint scheme isn't too complex. This way you will be underway without too much stress.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

paint scheme isn't too complex.

Funny you mention that, I choose to do a 48 scale SOAR Little Bird, can't get any more simple than flat black. In my haste, I accidentally cut out too much plastic when removing the doors, so, they are now my test bed kits, as I have two of them. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. When I bought the kits, I also bought CMK resin conversions to make the AH-6 Strealth into SOAR birds. The base kit has horrible gold canopy glass, and I was not thrilled about using the expensive resin kits with that canopy. I learned after this screw up that there are other kits with normal clear parts, which work just as well with the conversion. So I have two spare kits I can chew up and learn from, while I purchase replacement little birds for the actual conversion. Since the kits are less than ten dollars, I am not too upset about having to replace them. This would be a different story had I chosen a more expensive kit as the foundation.

So from the ashes, rises the Pheonix! The other things that I need to consider, the climate of the Philippines. I had hoped to use acrylics only, but have been told that they are not as forgiving in the wet air we have, so I may have to rethink my entire painting plans, thankfully I only have a small selection of paints on hand. I will try the acrylics from Tamiya, see how they go down on these "learning birds" before I commit to painting a more expensive kit in the future.

Besides the MH-53E kit that I want to add to my list of MH family already in my inventory, I am done buying new ones. Although the new line of Kitty Hawk 1:35 helos with resin figures is VERY tempting!

Thanks for the great advice!

Anthony

• Like 1

Completed

47942058971_f363458ed2_m.jpgP1030132 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

Ok there may be a little more info later :phew:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Think it may be my camera :(

I know that is the belly gun barrel, but not sure why you are having issues. Are you saying that you can't give us the final viewing of the beautiful beast, because the camera is broken? If so, doesn't your phone have one? If you have an iphone, that takes good pictures, even better if you have the wahwaee, however you spell that name. Word of caution, that phone is suspected of sending all kind of information back to the chinese government and has been banned for member of the military to buy. I won't buy either one, but they do take nice pictures.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stalker6Recon said:

If so, doesn't your phone have one? If you have an iphone, that takes good pictures, even better if you have the wahwaee,

Iv managed to get to the age of 58 without ever owning a mobile phone and hope i can reach the end without one . I was just teasing with those two pics :)

Here we go then ......

47952167106_0d3d203e25_k.jpgP1030134 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952162186_d63af43289_b.jpgP1030135 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952161916_94fc0509c0_b.jpgP1030136 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952118127_188e279c67_b.jpgP1030137 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

The round in the background is a Mk103 high explosive tracer self destruct .

The Mk103 is the same length as the hs 129 ....weird coincidence.

47952161441_96d1bf81a0_b.jpgP1030138 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952161186_25a5e0fced_b.jpgP1030139 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952364562_4d569598ef_k.jpgP1030134 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952376398_8d2ae2cc3c_k.jpgP1030135 - Copy by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

the instrument decals are 1/48 airscale which are a perfect fit . 1/32 is far to large .

47952371773_586a378b2f_b.jpgP1030135 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952397046_6f199f242f_b.jpgP1030136 - Copy by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

Applied some feint exhaust staines

47952396751_db6d8630c8_b.jpgP1030136 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952371003_c69eb186a1_k.jpgP1030137 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952349807_60bbdc85c7_h.jpgP1030138 - Copy (2) by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47952454416_66f7cef585_b.jpgP1030141 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

another type of he mk103

47952411637_bdc16ea501_b.jpgP1030142 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

The work bench at the end needing a spring clean

47952428763_9032078b85_b.jpgP1030143 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

The painting area also a big mess

47952428763_9032078b85_b.jpgP1030143 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

This has been my most difficult build in over 50 years and one im most proud of .

I now fear nothing a kit can throw at me , but to be honest would i build another kit like this ,probably not. Yes i will build the Zoukei-Mura kit when it comes out .

Now to clear the decs to finish my Aims Ju388 then on to the new ICM Dornier Do-217N-1 WWII German Night Fighter which i will do as a build review thred here on B.M

Thanks for looking

Alistair

• Like 10

amazing job and beautifully presented!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well done Alistair, you've more than shown what is possible with a resin model with a little time and care. A real credit to your skills and I bet you learnt some new ones on this build. 

Now you're feeling so brave I have a few "lovely" models you could test your new found resin courage on!!! :wicked:

No seriously, well done on her, fantastic work, and as always it was great to have you along and a real joy to follow the build. Now I'll have to try to out sneaky your sneaky photos! :D

• Thanks 1

First rate finish. Excellent 👍 all round job and presentation. I will be looking out for your Do 217N build. It is a must have in my world. I'm hoping they will do a Do 217K or M after that. 

• Thanks 1

Fantastic build and what a perfect sand and spinach scheme! Looks like your tracer round has exploded on your bench hahaha, SWMBO is forever saying it looks like a bomb has hit the model room in my house haha

Excellent work, I love it 

• Thanks 1