1/32 Henschel hs129 B-2 Completed

Mottlemaster

3 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

Nice base, personally I'm not fond of this type of masking... edges always appear to sharp...

The edge of the masked area wont be the edge of finished green patch as this will be 1 -3 mm inside and done with my airbrush in almost mottle mode

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Rich i would have expected you to have one of these conversions in your stash  or maybe two for some weird Ju388 Z wing conversion :yikes:

haha not quite, but I have the Ju-388J-3 (one with Jumo 213 engines) Nightfighter that is going to have the FuG-240 Berlin Radar fitted to it(the 1/48th Planet Model). A project that has sort of started but just waiting for some more time......as they all are.

Interesting idea for the mottle, what do you use to remove the Tipex/Copydex?

7 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

edge of the Copydex

Probably a stupid question, but what is copydex? Is that the same as white-out? I am sure I could find out via Google, but what's the fun in that?

Since I have no clue what version you are making, nor can make sense of the teasers, I will just be happily surprised, even shocked as this develops!

Anthony

On 06/05/2019 at 13:54, trickyrich said:

Interesting idea for the mottle, what do you use to remove the Tipex/Copydex?

Just a sharp cocktail stick to prise  it up .

22 hours ago, Stalker6Recon said:

but what is copydex? Is that the same as white-out?

Copydex consists of latex dissolved in water. As such it is relatively non-toxic and so is frequently used in primary schools. It also contains ammonia to stabilise the rubber solution. This is the source of its characteristic smell.

Copydex is (i recon ) better than masking fluid as its far cheaper and being in a tube rather than a bottle there is litle wastage ,

DO NOT USE TIPEX.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With all the Copytex blobs dry and the delivery of the Mr hobby RLM 79 i have given a light coating over all the upper surface .

47805476401_02e588ee07_b.jpgP1030104 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

The original splinter is still visible with the hope that when i remove the masks tomorrow  there will be little in the way of a step .

made a  rear view mirror from some sprue made the convex back by adding a smaall drop of 5 min epoxy and letting it slump to the edges .

32862102947_33f3c32833_b.jpgP1030105 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

33928645088_16f9c77178_b.jpgP1030106 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

• Like 4

I didn't know that the "desert" camo was just sprayed over the original scheme. wow you could have some real fun with the weathering on her.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I didn't know that the "desert" camo was just sprayed over the original scheme. wow you could have some real fun with the weathering on her.

Some aircraft were deliverd in desert camo which would often be olive green over sand , others moved from other theatre of operations with splinter scheme were over painted after arival in the field ,often not much care taken doing it . the Storch i am doing was over painted with its squigglein the field

3 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great progress Alistair 👍

I look forward to the masks coming off. 

Cheers Greg 

I love takeing masks off Greg  , it kind of brings things together .

here are some pics with masks removed and one piainting session filling in with the sand . Recon it will take about 3 more paint sessions on the sand .

40843473393_feec5e786b_b.jpgP1030116 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47020495444_92dfa6c769_b.jpgP1030115 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

40843473913_86407389ba_b.jpgP1030114 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47757782232_6e0c967788_b.jpgP1030113 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

couldnt resist unmasking the white nose aswell 🙂

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

I love takeing masks off Greg  , it kind of brings things together . 

Looking at the results, no wonder you enjoy removing the masks, WOW, what an incredible effect! I am putting Copydex at the TOP of my "must have" list. I hope it works just as well with canopies.

Thanks again,

Anthony

• Like 1

I had to think for a minute when I first saw the de-masking photo. I asked myself why are the wings two different colours. Then I realized I was looking at a job half done. Then I thought why not just spray the green patches on. I suppose at this larger scale an over spray would be more obvious and more realistic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I had to think for a minute when I first saw the de-masking photo. I asked myself why are the wings two different colours. Then I realized I was looking at a job half done. Then I thought why not just spray the green patches on. I suppose at this larger scale an over spray would be more obvious and more realistic.

This is what i was after Greg.

32882188647_749fbec2e2_b.jpgP1030122 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

20 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Clever solution and a neat result - the sharp demarkation of the underlying paint is lovely. Have to make a mental note of the method.

Now the over lying sand has been completed im very pleased how it turned out . You need to goever the edge when masking removed with a stiff brush to remove any loose paint .

Now with a coat of gloss and decals on . Decals very thick and very sticky .

40859591203_d18af1fd31_b.jpgP1030123 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

40859590833_22acf9f51e_b.jpgP1030124 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

40859591663_4657ec020c_b.jpgP1030121 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

33948654218_6ebb8334ac_b.jpgP1030120 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

47773845902_bc4367278f_b.jpgP1030119 by Alistair Pearce, on Flickr

Will apply some mat varnish tomorrow and get the bombs painted

• Like 10

That RLM79 come out well. I bought some yesterday for a future project. In the bottle it looks red Brown in hue. What do you think of it? My project will be the He 111H-6 torpedo bomber. I have I profile that makes it look more Sandy which is nice. More like dark yellow. I wonder if there are two different RLM79 colours.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Greg Law said:

I wonder if there are two different RLM79 colours.

Yes there are RLM79 Sandgelb and RLM79a Sandbraun. 

OKVOSwz.png

FeITRHG.png

These are the old charts are from Cybermodeler.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/rlm_table.shtml

These are a listing of where to look. 

https://www.cybermodeler.com/color/rlm_matrix.shtml

Here is Cybermodeler.coms master paint link. 

https://www.cybermodeler.com/resource6.shtml

Hope these help ? 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Great desert camo 

Il need to find some copydex. I have nearly 50 sand and spinach a/c to do.

This is perfection

I get it from my local post office .I think a tube is £2-£3 and lasts for years as long as cap is screwed on tight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

I get it from my local post offi

So far I have "no joy" on finding copydex locally, so I may have to resort to ebay, sucks, but what else is there? I found a big bottle (500ml) that should last ten lifetimes, and the price with shipping isn't so ridiculous that I can't justify it, but it will have to wait, as other items are higher up the list at the moment, including a simple cutting mat. You would think that was easy to find, but no, I have had no luck locally so far. Every store has the same answer "no stocks sir", usually they run out of a product, and nobody tells the right person to order more. It takes years before they figure it out.

Anywho, the camouflage looks great, but I kind of liked the splinter pattern as well, it was done so well, seems a shame to cover it up so much. But history is history, stay true to it or build sci-fi maybe.

Cheers,

Anthony

@Corsairfoxfouruncle those colour charts will do your head in!! There are sooo many interpretations of the actual colours, then if you factor in how scaling changes colour. Plus a lot of these are either based on colour/"colorised" photos or "museum" articles or even Black & White photo's and not to add the usual confusion of Luftwaffe colours in general...... Plus finally the RLM colours, though meant to be standard often varied almost from year to year ...... one giant :worms:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

let alone the +/- 10% deviation in color that is allowed for a color... And then they made their colors by diluting them with fuel and applying it to the vehicle of interest...

Nice work on the camo, albeit a bit unsure of when to mask first and respray after removing the masks, seems like an extra step to me... but nonetheless looks good for sure...