The Wessex HAS.3 1/144 by MARK I

Hollo to everybody.

Lets talk about Falklands 1982...

Dear friends, I demonstrate my work which I finished in the 2018th

“Humphrey” is one of the most famous object of the Falklands Conflict and was the helicopter stationed aboard the destroyer HMS Antrim. Antrim was one of several ships sent to retake the Islands of South Georgia, as part of Operation Paraquet. The Wessex HAS.3 is recognizable by its “thimble” radome behind the rotor head. Only two HAS.3s were deployed to the Falklands, on HMS Antrim and HMS Glamorgan.

This work shows my skills and ability to make further improvement as far as possible for the 1/144. For the “Mark I” kit detailing, I used more than 50 small parts and some items of a handmade material. The main resource-intensive work at the next objects: detailed cockpit with PEP, scratch-build nose E/E compartment with components and an opened hatch, the sonar operator compartment with interior and opened sliding door, the tail beam and main air blades are located in its stowed position. Thank you. Andrii.

Enjoy!

IMG-2912.jpg

IMG-2916.jpg

IMG-2915.jpg

IMG-2896.jpg

IMG-2900.jpg

IMG-2899.jpg

IMG-2902.jpg

IMG-2901.jpg

IMG-2920.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

WOW ... Great looking Wessex :worthy:

Oh yeah. Thanks. Next time I will try to do a FGR.2 Phantom II of 29th squadron 1/144. So far so good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mig88 said:

I have built three of these kits (two posted here so far) and that is amazing work! Simply superb and yes... WOW!! Congratulations on a fantastic  job.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel! 

• Like 1