Ju-88 G6

specky

Hi everyone,

I'm not the first, and I'm sure I won't be the last, to turn-up with an '88' for this GB!

DSCN0813

It'll be the Zvezda G6, which will benefit immensely from some assistance by the Revell C6 lurking in the background!

• Like 8

welcome along specky, I'm pretty sure too you won't be the only one with an Ju-88 in the build.

Good luck with the build, will be interesting to see how you stitch the two models together.

• 2 weeks later...

And we're off!

Since there are only 65 parts in the box and 10 of those relate to the crew figures, most of which are long gone, this is never going to be the most comprehensive '88' kit you'll ever see.

DSCN0840

But to give them credit, Zvezda have managed to capture the main features to a generally acceptable standard.

The airframe is covered with very subtle engraved panel lines (but no rivets!)....

DSCN0851

....the landing gear, even the one-piece tail wheel, looks pretty decent....

DSCN0850

....and the radar aerials are just about as good as you're ever going to get in plastic in this scale....

DSCN0863

...but it really starts to struggle when you get to the cockpit. Although it's not terrible, it still falls well short of the standards set by Revell with their '88's' and so I've taken the liberty of copying some parts from the C6 kit (Zvezda on the left, Revell in the center & resin copies to the right, but ignore the pin-hole in the pilots seat back!)....

DSCN0854

...and I will continue to use it as 3-D reference to scratch better side-walls, floor and some other odds and ends.

More to come....

• Like 3

The Ju-88 is certainly proving a popular subject here and quite rightly so. You're going down an interesting route by combining parts and inspiration from these two kits and in good style too by the look of what you've done so far :goodjob:

Edited by Col.