Saab SH-37 Viggen - Completed

trickyrich

join the cue there are many here that are no longer on my Christmas list!!!

I'm bad enough on my own without the additional help of others!!! :D

Well, if it's any consolation.....

I'm looking through your list there, and I have a few of the potential RAAF Mirage replacements in the stash.....with decals left over from my Mirage over Australia set.   😆

• Haha 1

I hope so, it's on its way!!! :yahoo:

Progress has been a wee bit slower than expected on the Viggen, might try and see if I can finish her tomorrow. Just the minor stuff now to complete.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2019 at 4:52 AM, trickyrich said:

*F-14A   (I know unsuitable but god it would have been nice!!!)

I had no idea the canceled Iranian F-14s were offered for sale to Australia.  This could be a fun whiffy...since whiffying...maybe even carrying a pair of Harpoons in a coastal defense scenario.

Can't wait to see the finished Viggen.  The end is near!  :yahoo:

• Like 1

…and no I didn’t find anything to buy as this major hobby shop in the city is :poop:

….. and here she is!!

IMG_2956-XL.jpg

No waffling about all the last little bits, it’s always the same and oh so time consuming. In the end I decided to just lightly dirty up the area around the thrust reversers area and that’s it.

I sort of just wanted to be finished with her, I do really love the how the scheme came out in the end, even if at the start it did age me by about 20 years!! But to me everywhere I look on the model I find something a bit disappointing. I had really high hopes for this model when I saw it in the box but once I started to build it…… A real shame as it’ll probably be the last real new model of this wonderful aircraft in this scale….and that is really sad.

Anyway, thanks for joining me on this adventure and all the great comments they’re appreciated as always. All the bad bits aside she does look pretty impressive and am glad I’ve finally build one I’m proud of, gosh I wished I had gotten to see one in real life.

Enjoy, as usual there’ll be different photos (the good ones) in the gallery and RFI.

IMG_2944-XL.jpg

IMG_2946-XL.jpg

IMG_2947-XL.jpg

IMG_2949-XL.jpg

IMG_2950-XL.jpg

IMG_2958-XL.jpg

IMG_2960-XL.jpg

IMG_2962-XL.jpg

IMG_2964-XL.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW

You deserve to leave the smile of satisfaction  on your face for a good 6 months .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gorgeous Rich.  I'm sure you appreciate it even more once you put a little time between the headaches.  I'll be thrilled if mine come out half as well.

Edited by helios16v
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW

You deserve to leave the smile of satisfaction  on your face for a good 6 months .

it probably will once the therapy is over!

21 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

A real beauty.. it was likewise a pleasure to follow this build... (but have to admit, I'm still in doubt about this camo or the grey one...)

The Grey one, you can have much more fun playing around with the colours, the splinter is quite stressful and it's not until the final clear coat that it finally works. This Mr Paint Flat Clear (and the SMS stuff) just seem to flatten (as in smooth) the whole surface down. Looking at it with the light at the right angle you can't see the layers at all....it does my mind in a bit!!

I have some other intense schemes to do soonish, Ukraine Digital, I may need time to recover before I attempt them.

• Like 1

Simply, simply lovely! I can’t see how you could be at all disappointed. If the mods were to add a fifth comment emoji for difficult camo schemes nailed, you’d have earned one. She’s magnificent 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Totally awsome👍👍, all round top job, what have you used to make the canopy shine like that

I didn't put my grubby mitts on it!! :D

The canopy hasn't had anything done to it, it's straight from the box, only masked and painted. It's a bit think but is super clear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paramedic said:

She´s looking great. I like that she is from F13 as well.. :)

Lovely bird with that camo to have in the collection, well done!

thanks for you nice comments and help through the build! Guess I have been a bit hard on her and myself with this build, after seeing her everyday for 2 months or so I sort of only see the faults with her. But now that's she's finish I'm really starting to appreciate her quite a bit more. I think this really is the only colour scheme a Viggen should be seen in! I'm kind of glad I could sort of do her justice.

• Like 2

Cracking job there Rich. A few minor variations in the paint don't really detract from the overall effect. The first impression is awesome. 

Colin