Der weise Nachtjäger !

54 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Good progress so far! 👍 Looks like it’s a very tricky kit.

Cheers! 🙃

Not super bad, ive definitely had worse. Just some extra work to get it where it needs to be. Thank you for the nice comments here and in my Geronimo thread. 

Well i was able to get the plane sanded down and will attach all the wings and tail tomorrow or Saturday. Dentist appointment tomorrow, so may not feel like doing much afterwords. I actually should be in paint by early next week. That will work nicely as im gearing up for the Pershing/Patton group build. Questions, comments, or jokes if you please ? 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you for the nice comments here and in my Geronimo thread.

These kits are so different from the kits I build, that’s why I’m interested in.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That will work nicely as im gearing up for the Pershing/Patton group build.

Oh, it’s nice and interesting, too! 🙂

Looking forward for the «mustache» installation on your Nachtjäger. You’re planning to use it OOB or made some parts from the scratch?

Cheers! 😎

• Like 1

the antennas with these kits are quite nice, but a word of caution, they're made from Stainless Steel and not the usual Brass or Nickel plated Brass, so they can be a bit difficult at time.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone... So the Heinkel is going to fight as much as possible. I mounted the wings today and they actually fit decently. Of course after i did the all the test fitting and sanding they should. Once that was taken care of i moved on to the tail feathers. 🤬 Of course they didn't even remotely fit. Dragon molds a plug to fit into the opening at the rear of the aircraft. Opening was 9 or so mm’s at the front and 5-6 mm’s at the back. The plug on the tailplane unit was 1 cm and 7 mm respectively. So i had to scrape, sand, file the two parts to get them close to fitting.  

Here is what it looked like after the scraping, filing, and sanding. 

qgC4YQ6.jpg

I then added both of the vertical stabs and we have a plane. 

9nQkkNb.jpg

Just to fill any little gaps on the wings and tails and then to paint we go. Questions, comments, or jokes if you wish. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 9

Looking good. Dragons He 219 needs as much putty as nose weight but on the other side the kit has nice details and photo etched radar antennas.

It will be rewarding :)

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 21:48, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

qgC4YQ6.jpg

I then added both of the vertical stabs and we have a plane

Yes we do, looking good Dennis, you've made a fine job of it from what I've seen so far

• Thanks 1

I don't remember that bit at all.......probably purged it from the memory because it get me nightmares!

She's fighting but you're doing a great job Dennis, keep it up, the hard work will be over soon. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone... Not much to add here been sanding, filling, & re-scribing. Boring stuff but shes onto the polishing stage and will be good to move onto paint soon. Here she is with my Finnish “Mersu”, a gift from vppelt68. 

ztz1Yts.jpg

No not a Mistel though Pete in lincs already suggested that. Food for thought for a Luft46 future build. Here shes in formation flight with her little friend.

E54qneY.jpg

Questions, comments, or jokes if you please ? 

Dennis

• Like 6

Looks good and i would say the worst filling and sanding is a thing of the past.

Nice work on the 109 as well is this the AZ kit ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Nice work on the 109 as well is this the AZ kit ?

Yes i actually have a WIP going up in the Aviation section. A link if you're interested ? 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235052872-my-finnish-“mersu-”/

• Like 1

Hello everybody .. I spent the better part of the afternoon sanding & polishing. I think its as good as it will get. Tonight i will attack the rescribing and maybe prime the seems. If that turns out decent i will head towards paint sometime before the weekend. Questions, comments, or jokes  ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

Without having seen it the work will be rewarding in a way better end result.

Dragons He 219 is a kit were you have to roll up your sleeves to get get the job done but it will look great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello all, just letting you know this build will be temporarily suspended. Tuesday when the forum server crashed it effected my access to Britmodeller. it took to Wednesday to get a hold of Mike and in the process of eliminating the options have determined that my internet provider is blocking access to Britmodeller. I will try to give a brief explanation as maybe somebody can toss an idea to help out. First i thought it was my IP address.but i an access the forum from anywhere but my own WiFi. the WiFi is fine as I've rebooted everything and can access the internet no problem, other than britmodeller of course. so we think my internet provider has blacklisted the forum. why who knows ?S if anyone reads this and has an idea please let me know ?

10 hours ago, Sanjuro said:

I will definitely keep this for future reference. I was happy to find an email from a fellow member also blocked since Tuesday. The Mods fixed whatever was wrong, so happily i am back for now. 

Dennis

• Like 1

So i was able to place the masks on the canopy. And the canopy on the plane. spWnbEt.jpg

FfwWgHY.jpg

L0gugS3.jpg

I did goof though, i forgot to glue the control column, and also paint under the canopy where the anti-glare/instrument coaming. :rage::suicide: Oh well i guess its just going to be that way. 

Dennis

• Like 5