Der weise Nachtjäger !

Yes it is a hard call. I had a similar problem on one of my projects last year. You just need to take your time and very slowly bit by bit grind the glue out. Better to cause a little damage to the grey plastic than the canopy. You can always repair it. However, the call is yours in the end.

• Like 1

OOPS ... Now i went and did it. I started painting the Owl. 😉 So far so good. Like i said I masked the black areas on the wings. I sprayed the black first because its easier to mask the smaller spaces of black, rather than the whole aircraft after the RLM76. 

qgVdXXs.jpg

wTeZj6H.jpg

guDlAeq.jpg

I will let that cure for a day or two as it is enamel. Then i can clear and mask it for the RLM76.  

Dennis

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Sorry to hear about the canopy. At least you gave it ago. I may have been lucky with mine.

I agree it was worth trying, it can sit next to my 4th FG Mustang. I did the same thing with that plane. So they can sit on the high shelf and be 3 footers together. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 12:49 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I did goof though, i forgot to glue the control column, and also paint under the canopy where the anti-glare/instrument coaming. :rage::suicide: Oh well i guess its just going to be that way. 

I won't say how many times I've done that!!!

My worse so far is that I forgot to fit the front intake part to the intake on my F-14D! :doh: Surprisingly no one noticed when I showed it at the IPMS meeting (I didn't notice until a few day later), even got 1st place for it. :whistle:

Shame about the canopy, would dipping it in Klear help? Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

• Thanks 1

I already buffed the scratch out of the canopy. I have an idea for fixing the antiglare underneath it.  I left a tiny hole under one edge when i was trying to pry it free. I have some very fine Hypodermic needles for medicinal reasons. I reuse the old ones after boiling them for modeling. I may try to inject paint under the canopy to see if i can sort it out that way. If not its still a 3 footer. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone... I was able to get a four hour spraying session in today. I painted the highlight color on my M48 Pattons base-coat. I did that after i painted the Uhu completely. First with the RLM-76 and then it was mottled with RLM-75. Im quite happy with the results probably my best mottling effort yet. 

MLg7eqa.jpg

UEJqbxZ.jpg

JHcpQpa.jpg

uaAB9hF.jpg

qGz2AUR.jpg

eOugXk7.jpg

Theres a couple minor blemishes with the Mottle, because the paint chose to act up. I'm going to live with them though, i will maybe touch up the RLM-76 to clean it up but a little but not much. I think for the most part its done. Questions, comments, and or jokes if you have any good ones. 

Dennis

PS - Success on the paint injection under the canopy. At least the instrument coaming A/glare panel looks better. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 10

Good work of the spotted plan. I wanted to call it something else, but it might have read wrong. Anyway the spots are rather consistent which is hard to achieve.

I see only two spots with over spray. That is a dam good result.

• Thanks 1

Hello Everyone... I was able to get the decals done on the Owl today. Now its just time to sit and wait. 

wYn80jg.jpg

nqLTxjE.jpg

NtJkrzr.jpg

w6s5soo.jpg

EiS6AGa.jpg

Still need to add a code letter to each side of the Fuselage. Other than that shes ready for clear, weathering, and the many little antennas and odds & ends. Questions, comments, and jokes. 

Dennis

• Like 14

Hello Cousin !!

That's a good looking Uhu !!

Seemingly, the fit is as bad as the Tamiya one....

Guess how I know it ???:rant:

And you did a great Möttling !! I hope to do half as good as you did !!

It will already be a miracle...

Now, I have all that resin parts to include in the engine nacelle !!

Congratulations Cousin !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1