This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Truro Model Builder

The rate of inflation

For three or four years my dentist has been nursing along a dying tooth and a dormant infection. However, a rather painful flare up this week has led to the decision that the tooth needs to come out in a couple of weeks once the flare up has settled, with the clearing out of the abscess sitting behind it.

I'm not worried about the extraction, but the big question concerns what happens afterwards. Can anyone tell me the answer to the important question, and that is the going rate from the tooth fairy? It's been a long time since I've had a visit from that particular personage.

Depends on the tooth. If it's a molar must be worth at least a 1:24 Hellcat :)

The extraction will cost you half the price of that Hellcat

A fiver. Gets expensive with two boys of similar age. I suppose being an adult you can demand more. But don't mess with the tooth fairy. 

Surely it depends on age and condition.  

Veteran, mint condition still in enamel wrapping you would be quids - think Airfix 1/24 Hellcat but poor condition, damaged packaging, you might need to think snap together from Lidl...

Posted (edited)

You mean there is a tooth fairy? Not been anywhere around here recently. When the tooth fairy last came that I remember as a child the going rate was a shilling (12 old pennies for the young ones amongst you, half the price of a Series One Airfix kit at the time).

Edited by Mr T

Yep. There's an Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, too ...