Thanks to a week off work and a push this afternoon I've finally finished my floaty boat build, Misfit 2.

Based on an ancient pre-built FROG Shell Welder tanker, This build has cost me very little, mostly just paint & glues

as virtually everything came out of the spares boxes. And it has provided many hours of enjoyment.

If you're wondering, the Maschinen kreiger universe is on Earth 800 years in the future, and resources are being fought over.

I like the Ian McQue floaty boats & I like kreiger, so, what if the seas are dried up, you have useless ships and anti gravity devices, what do you do?

Now without further ado, the pictures, and this time they're mostly in focus.

It's a busy day down at the dock, unloading a mixed cargo....

0cjXODZ.jpg

Notice that the lower part of the dock can't now be seen. So much for my desert simulation!

The blue fold down wings provide a bit of ground effect lift at speed.

JJOGhDf.jpg

This probably counts as a diorama really. Don't tell the Mods. They'll all want one.

zNu5DwC.jpg

That drum doesn't seem very heavy. This blokes a Bludger!*            *(Aussie speak for Skiver)

EkOhaXh.jpg

That's Radar from a Revell MASH set working the crane remote control. All the figures were on the original Misfit.

xQvP7N0.jpg

The sharp end, See the leaping antelope up there? This ship is a product of the Springbok shipyards. I think it's intended to be a Reindeer,

I nicked some from a table at Christmas! Underneath there is the ground mapping Radar bowl, ex-Harrier steering thrusters and a wonky

(rusty/miscoloured) heat exhaust from the Fwd Anti Gravity unit. Below the Springbok is a thruster. (From a toy Space Shuttle, 20p at the car boot).

8f01Y3G.jpg

At the back we have a similar arrangement except the heat exhausts are ex Ju87 Night exhausts, cheap from the Big H. In the centre is the main thruster.

ecsmATj.jpg

Back at the front, the figurehead is an Eagle. Actually ex Matchbox tank kit? Nazi Eagle with a missile head placed where the Swastika was.

YEmGsSg.jpg

Some clutter behind the wheelhouse. Drums, jerrycans and a bucket.

VD91j6i.jpg

Meanwhile back on the dock. See that silver thing behind the bloke? Ex Revell Dambuster Lancaster and about 50 years old. Now it's a special container of some sort.

gfmaDsM.jpg

The Skipper keeps an eye on the unloading procedures. The cargo net was just some mesh and was used (along with the crane) on Misfit 1.

PNbaRQa.jpg

A pretty mixed cargo, I think you'll agree. The yellow thing with the 'ears' is a screw on cap for something that I found.

slOJTPv.jpg

Here's Dockyard Matey again, He's been with this since the start. The green wire is plugged into the gizmo for power from the dock.

Iqfpek7.jpg

Blue gas bottles on Ju88 bomb racks. Don't ask me what they're for though. (They were bombs at one point).

gMfdYj7.jpg

Another view down the old dock. Getting bored yet? Oh, the metal U shaped thing? Staples. Probably now a special part they are delivering.

GkYXTCC.jpg

A last long look down the length of the dock. Oh, I measured Misfit, 16 inches bow to stern.

twxkRQ7.jpg

And in case you were in any doubt, The name on the back. These were rub down letters I've had for years. Stick them on and add a coat of matt varnish. Result.

They've pretty much come out the same colour as the side numbers. The main thruster can be seen better here too. I'm not sure what it was previously meant to be though.

And thanks for looking. Any comments, and or money gratefully accepted

Next up, I'll be in the vehicle section, with a modified Volkswagen pick up truck.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the likes, Guys.  Yes, there's lots to see on there, and it was an enjoyable build too.

Now I have to empty the 'This bit might come in useful' back into the spares boxes and tidy the bench ready for the next one. (Custom VW pick up, influenced by pictures I saw online).

The one after that is already in the planning stage and will be another Sci fi scratchbuild. The basis for it will be winging it's way to me shortly.

There's undoubtedly one or two after that in the embryo stage as I type....

Regards

Pete

Thats a bit brilliant Pete, I didn't know what I was coming to but I have no probs giving it a BIG TICK, it is all believablish & more importantly looks right. I bet you had a ball doing it. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Hey,Whatever floats your boat      😜

Joking aside,thats a really evocative diorama,puts me in mind of the floating city in Bioschock 3.

• Thanks 1

Hi Pete!

Great result!!

A great imagination You have there Sir, novel way to make more room in the spares box, and everything has a purpose!

Will 'Pick-up' with You again in the Motors section!

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

• Thanks 1

Very imaginative and significantly more creative than assembling a traditional kit, you're either some sort of genius or completely barking – I'm going with the last one.

Perhaps the bloke who's carrying the drum with too much ease is a super-strong android.

Incidentally, I'm not sure the dysentery browny/green is entirely accurate for an anti-grav freighter of that era, I need to consult my crystal-ball. I'll let it pass this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

I need to consult my crystal-ball

Put new batteries in, it's 800 years in the future.

In fact, I'd better add an explanation at the start, Meant to but I forgot.

Cheers

for the good words, 

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's wrong Pete.....the Springbok emblems should be two tones lighter, sorry fella.....fail!

Great imaginative stuff,  I knew there was a reason for Hemswell traffic obstruction/fleamarket to exist, and here it is....funnily enough I was looking at the IM stuff recently and thinking of nudging the editor of AMW toward getting hold of the Remora.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

thinking of nudging the editor of AMW toward getting hold of the Remora.

Do it! I'd like to see what you do to it and if it turns your head to the dark side! 😁

I'd love one but the price is a bit outside my comfort zone.

Cheers,

Pete

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

A tip of the hat and smart salute are both called for. Lovely sense of invention Pete - you can smell the barnacle juice and kelp tobacco from here.

• Thanks 1