The fifth of 2019 and a swansong to my Airfix Therapy Build thread: Their F-4F-4 done as an early F-4F-3 . Some liberties were taken as usual and the WIP is here:    

Paints are Alclad and Mr Color lacquer and the chevrons, cowl and fuselage bands were painted so as to match the new spinner Also a test run of my Amazon freebie review flashheads, which seem much better behaved than my el cheapo ebay continuous lights.

fronttop.jpg

headon.JPG

rearstbd.jpg

overfly.JPG

pitandbeacon.JPG

gunsandtiplight.JPG

portbank.JPG

Thank ye, one and all fer tuning in, have a fab weekend and eat more fruit!

Anil

Edited by azureglo
Forgot overflying image , doh!
  • Like 50

Beautiful!   And thank you for not falling prey to the ruse of installing wing drop tanks, I see it in almost every early F4F posted when they were not first used operationally til Fall '42 at the 'Canal.  Bravo

Edited by metromanbw
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Nice to get some colour on, isn't it?! 😎

AF kit is one of their nicer ones, and I've been building a few recently...Exhausts should be easy, brass tube slightly squashed should do it. The spinner is from the spares box and was pig to fit over the cuffed prop but it all worked out. HB do great fun kits, got their EF Typhoon on the go and finished off the F-86F last month.

8 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

They're remarkable in their own way. I'd recommend the F84E as well, if you haven't done it yet 

Rob my man, you are a genius. Once the the HB Typhoon is airborne I'm a goin' Technicolour: Dig them decals Momma!!

46447960525_e21b1a7fc7_b.jpg

46447964525_16730debf4_b.jpg

• Like 2