1/72 Fujimi USMC

Right, made a start on the model... nothing to see or should that be nothing interesting to see yet. Lot of parts that can be painted on the sprue and doing that for now. In fact a lot of parts need to be assembled before the fuselage halves can be closed. So far, the kit has impressed but only in that it's not a short run East European with all of the frustrations I'd experienced till now :boxing:

I've yet to decide on a scheme although I'm sure it will be USMC... might try to use the kit decals as I haven't ruled it out yet.

QmTk2v8QTpaYL-1SdF5B9QXmS_cfD90TwvSbwrYp

• Like 4

Glad to hear that you have made a start.

The USMC options in the box should at least make painting a bit quicker as I believe they are all for aircraft in the over all green scheme, is there the option of hi or low vis markings or just the low vis as per the box art? Looking forward to it either way!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a boring build as a lot of stuff needs to be done before the fuselage halves can be closed. So far I've assembled most of the interior and just touching up on the painting. The interior detailing is about acceptable, for me at least... some may want to go further, particularly with the doors open as a fair amount can be seen. I'm going to have it pretty much all closed up.

Prior to closing the halves, for the version I'm building the exhausts will need to be modified. Then to assemble the rotor shafts. I think I can get away with adding the cockpit side doors last as they may get damaged when gluing the halves together. Even though the instructions say otherwise :work:

gd8hsDkUOQC6UwGTjkmC0EoGuhT1n_ta_Z8qXDbX

• Like 3

Exhausts modified, not quite a neat job but it will do. With that, the fuselage halves can be closed. Rotor assemblies have been done and I've discovered if I don't add the boss, they can be plugged in after the model is complete. Hope they can also be removed as it will make storing the model easier... I've run out of display space you see and I rotate the models between storage and shelf. Also means I don't get bored of seeing the same models all the time :rambo:

So far, I am impressed by the fit of the parts - near enough perfect. Would you believe 90% of the parts on the interior have not been glued, they basically just slot in like a snap fit kit :chef: Fuselage halves weren't so perfect and needed to clamp them together. However, I was able to line the joins on the inside with super glue and this helped ensure they stayed tight.

Next step is to add on the undercart and then the cockpit glazing... not looking forward to the latter as it's going to be tedious 🥋

VZx4vReLJ7QYyMeN7hM8Eh_V1AWmIsQB_PQemHvR

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...