Russian blue/grey cockpit colour

-Ian-

Hi everyone

The next kit I plan to build is the Hobbyboss SU-47 Berkut, the one area I'm unsure about is the cockpit colour, my question is what paint to use (ideally Gunze Aqueous or Vallejo Model Air)? The instruction recommend Gunze H42 which seems to me to be both too dark and too blue. 

All the pics of the SU-47 cockpit I can see online are (not suprisingly) either computer generated or models but most are variants of blue/grey, the image below of an SU-35 cockpit seems a very plausible possibility. 

I'm not too fussed about the colour being 100% accurate, it just has to look right to my eyes which Gunze H42 doesn't. 

a397333419ec0696fba8b566cfd478bb--glass-

The best match is AKAN 73069 - this is a specific cockpit Interior color for the Su-27 family. 

i'm not aware of a Gunze match straight from the bottle. If you can't get your hands on the AKAN, perhaps adding blue to H--337 FS35237 would get you in the ballpark.

HTH,

Andre

• Thanks 1

I have built up an MRP collection of Russian colours. The paints spray wonderfully. My main paint choices are now Gunze and MRP. I can highly recommend  MRP.

There is no Gunze equivalent AFAIK.

Edited by Ham Hands
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses.

I decided to go for Akan, mainly because I think my GF would object to the smell of lacquer paint in the house. I've ordered their SU-33 set as I was planning to buy the Revell SU-33 kit at some point anyway and the set does include 73069. 

• Like 1