Sovereign Royal Navy paint brush-outs?

GrahamB

Hello,

this is a wild shot but I wondered if anyone could prepare and send a brush-out of the Royal Navy WW2 Sovereign colours (507 series, B5, MS series, 1943- B and G series). I simply cannot buy these in New Zealand even from the supposed "local" supplier in Australia (Creative Models) who do not stock the latest sets or updated/corrected range. Even then they will only post 3 or 4 tins at a time - at my own risk if they are intercepted. Also, I prefer to work with inks or acrylics now.

If anyone can do this, so I can mix my own colours, I'm happy to pay postage and a small "fee" (PAYPAL). Please let me know via PM.

Cheers

GrahamB

Almost finished a 1/350 Atlantic Models HMS Gorleston (ex US Coast Guard cutter) -  a very fine-looking ship, but not a popular kit apparently, according to Peter Hall; (used the last of my old WEM AP507A and AP507C)

Why not just ask Jamie Duff (owner of Sovereign Hobbies)? He is on here so easy to contact.

One word of caution though, I know it took several years of research, significant cost, time and effort on Jamie's part to be able to produce these colours accurately so I would be careful about requesting someone to bypass all that without his approval. Small, self funded businesses like Sovereign Hobbies and BlackMike Models are more often labours of love rather than huge profit making organisations so even innocent requests like the above can have  a significant effect on future projects.

Duncan B

• Like 2