Revell 1/700 HMHS Britannic Waterlined

I have had this kit for sometime and then I spotted 3D lightboats that were designed after the Titanic .Britannic and Titanic were closer in appearance than their sister ship Olympic which had the long career into the 1930,s.All I had to do is add an extra deck on the quarter deck,reposition the life boats and add a few small extra accommodation blocks on the deck.Gone mad with extra parts.Always start going to build for the box,never turns out like that.

List so far

Kit Revell RMS Titanic 1/700

Wooden deck for Titanic by Hunter 

Master Models 1/700 RMS Titanic (Olympic, Britannic) Masts set,Must get.

P.E. set for the Academy Model kit 1/700 RMS Titanic,I can't use the bridge part,however the davits and windows and other part will get used.

Green strips for the hull.

3D lifeboats which start this build,should have seen the size of the box,they came in. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and you get the Red Cross signs between the funnels.

sbMpCmY.png

BqfyX7A.jpg

urQiGNv.jpg

wzAGDZW.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 14

I had bought the Tom modelworks P.E.,thinking that would do,but they had no davits for the rest of the lifeboats in the set,so looking about I spotted  a set that would do and would cost £11,then notice that a full set of P.E. for the Academy Model kit 1/700 RMS Titanic,not for the Revell kit,I couldn't use the bridge part or some other bits and this set was £22,so bought it, I will mention has l go along ,what parts I will use.

Done the usual ,waterlined the ship,it has a very handy grove on the inside hull to help with the cutting.

eitmFnp.jpg

BzoWr9V.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 9

Hi Stuart  

It helps if they have a waterline to guide ,I use tap to keep an eye on the saw line ,it will help to keep an eye on the line when sawing and a good fine saw,l always put a base on the bottom to give strength with plastic card and l suppose have to brave enough to do it in the first place.

Chris    

• Thanks 1

I have been busy applying these widows frames on the ship,remember I bought the P.E. ,which is for the Academy Model kit 1/700 RMS Titanic,I can't use the bridge part which l knew,mainly because of the wooden deck,however the windows frames,divots ,funnels,railings,doors,stairs,cranes,ratlines,vents,seats,controls for the bridge and the walkway on the stern,quiet a lot for £22.

pvfj4En.jpg

vYGkvYS.jpg

cjnvvep.jpg

wAG3pHV.jpg

hoVU3uf.jpg

• Like 8

Update,had a problem with the decks,all my fault ,when I glued the first deck in ,on the starboard side "Right side" I didn't glue in level,so the further to 2 decks would not seat in properly opps,took me an hour to realise it was my fault !!!!! lucky was able  to crack that side ,reglue and all was well again,bedtime 1am ,how many have done that?

So up next day,ok same day,quickly got everything ready for work,had breakfast,up to mancave,really planning to take over the world 😂,and all the decks fitted correctly this time,relief,panic over,stay down Red alert. Britannic is painted and the funnels are just dry fitted for the photo,s,next to go on is the decals,could only find one company that makes green stripes,call Print Scale,had to buy two sheets,to get enough to both sides,yes I could paint then on ,but the hull has a lot of bumps,panels and hatches and this will give it the easiest way to put the stripes on.Forgot to say  wooden deck also fitted.

TPPIW9X.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chris Hewitt said:

funnels are just dry fitted

Glad of that, your forward funnel doesn't have the same jaunty angle as the other three. Besides that, she is looking very nice.

A little further down the road, it will be interesting to have some pics of what detail can be seen or achieved at 1/700, ready for my own 1/700 liner.

Stuart

• Thanks 1

When the model is finished were do you store then,myself always in a display box,I will not build a ship until l find a case the ship fits or have one made.Found this site were they sell cases and l found that's one for trucks,fits perfectly for the longer models like HMS  Ark Royal,HMHS Britannic and HMS Victorious.They come well packed.The sizes are. 

The internal sizes of this acrylic display box are 400mm wide x 100mm deep x 118mm high, and the external sizes are 406mm wide x 106mm deep x 124mm high..Here is the link for anyone interested.

https://www.acrylicdisplaycases.co.uk/FB028.html

Hgtx0gB.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...