Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Early Version

Thanks Rogue705

Thanks Soeren

Taking a break today and I have to pick up some more paint tomorrow. I forgot how much

these big guys take.

Bent the needle somehow in my new airbrush but I have a spare. Amazed myself that I actually 

bought a spare when I bought the new airbrush back in August.

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Here it is this afternoon. A little dark so I have to work on lightening things a bit. The tracks and wheels need

work yet too. The side armour plates on the right also need some attention. I was going to leave one or two off

but of course Murphy's Law put the superglue in the wrong place. that thin stuff runs too much and seeps everywhere,

need to get some gel.

I guess I have to live with that seam on the glacis front in order to make the upper hull removable. It won't

go down any further and still leave the hull rear butted up to the rear plate. The upper hull is warped

a bit at the rear too and the outside corners are a little higher than they should be. If everything was

glued together the warp would go away but then the interior wouldn't be accessible either.

It seems that every second Trumpeter 1/16 kit has either warped sponsons or a warped upper hull

and naturally that's the kit I get.

Anyway it is what it is and I can live with some quirks.

yuhsbpS.jpgXyVQz9E.jpgDgcsYDL.jpgrkF45SR.jpgc9XoLNm.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 4

Thanks Soeren

I can close the gap at the front but then the gap at the rear plate opens too much so I split

the front and rear gaps. Better to have a little of both than too much of one. If I didn't want

to make the upper hull removable it wouldn't be a problem, just force the two together and

glue them solid.

I managed to get the tracks in decent shape last night so now I'm going to try some chipping

with a sponge. Then beat up those armor plates on the right side as I can't get them off now

without wrecking the flimsy PE mounting brackets. Too much superglue and not enough attention.

Your Jagdpanther is coming along well but it might be tough to work with that yellow if you have too

much of that washable agent. I guess you will have to be gentle with trying to remove paint only

where you actually want to remove it. Seems like I have the same problems with hair spray and a

toothbrush when trying a white wash scheme. The paint sticks where I don't want it and falls off

where I'd rather keep it. Good luck.

Take care,

Lloyd

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...