Airfix Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 7

Another build from my stable of relitavely recent World Rally Cars....

One or two snags, the window glass moulding seemed to be too wide and on fitting the glazed bodyshell to the completed chassis/interior, the front windscreen cracked at 45 degrees!

The second snag was that due to the kit being quite old the white decal sections are opaque and not bright white. Otherwise a well made kit and easy and ready detailed to build. 

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

I only changed one thing..the kit tyre decals are in gold lettering and although the spare in the back has one on, it can hardly be read, so I added four white Michelin decals to the road tyres.

• Like 9

Thanks to Vince1159, Basuroy and Windy37! 

Thanks Draz87 it's 1/24th scale.

I know you're a plastic kit builder Pat but i've got some Burago 1/24 rally car diecast kits which come with the bodywork already painted but could do with engine details etc which are well worth buying if you find any cheap....

14 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Looks great,  Pat. How did you resolve the cracked windscreen?

I left it alone! It can hardly been seen, only a high direct square on look!

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I know you're a plastic kit builder Pat but i've got some Burago 1/24 rally car diecast kits which come with the bodywork already painted but could do with engine details etc which are well worth buying if you find any cheap....

Thanks for that Vince1159. But the only diecasts I see are always new expensive ones and not 1/24 or 1/25 size!

As a retiree I buy plastic kits mainly from ebay UK because I can get cheap 'already started' ones and build/refurb my way and print my own decals. Decal paper 10 sheets either clear or white backed for £6.99 A4 size rather than A5 size single sheet already printed for around £15.99 each!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...