Tamiya 1/35 Jagpanther Build

Hi All,

the jagdpanther build has finally been completed and it is now ready for painting. The build took longer than intended although it was fun; I had a few other distractions over the last few weeks. I will prime the model and then decide on a Camo scheme; I have a couple of Alpine crew figures in winter Camo gear so I may do a whitewash finish over the Camo as I was aiming for a winter 1944-5 vehicle.

Jagdpanther 1/35 TamiyaJagdpanther 1/35 TamiyaJagdpanther 1/35 TamiyaJagdpanther 1/35 TamiyaJagdpanther 1/35 Tamiya

I was very happy with this Alliance bucket,    and I have soldered another one ready to attach to the rear after painting.

Jagdpanther 1/35 Tamiya

Thanks for looking,

Andrew 

• Like 10

I'm liking this a lot Andrew.....my type of build....really nice array of PE and detail work.

Did you cut away the original moulded periscope sliding panel fully.....or did you sand it down and lay the PE one over. ....I'm having to contemplate doing similar on an Elephant I'm working on......:worry:

Either way....nice little project....looking forward to your painting stage.

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I'm liking this a lot Andrew.....my type of build....really nice array of PE and detail work.

Did you cut away the original moulded periscope sliding panel fully.....or did you sand it down and lay the PE one over. ....I'm having to contemplate doing similar on an Elephant I'm working on......:worry:

Either way....nice little project....looking forward to your painting stage.

Thanks for your kind comments😊 I used a Dremel tool to grind the cover down to the level of the surrounding armour and then replaced it with the PE cover parts. I could have sanded it just the same, although I was being impatient.

I’ll probably have a bit of cleaning up and filling which become more visible after priming.

Cheers,

Andrew 

Hi All,

another update on the Jagdpanther; it’s been primed, shaded and given a coat of dark yellow. I decided to attempt one of the ‘interesting’ bold striped Camo schemes and after some experimentation I found that thin ribbons of ‘white-tak’ make an effective mask. I’m happy with the result although the stripes are a little wider than the vehicle illustration that I was using as reference. As I believe the stripes would have been hand-sprayed rather than stencilled I think some variation is acceptable. I only painted one side of the casemate in case it didn’t work out too well; I’ll  now continue with the rest of the vehicle,

thanks for looking, Andrew 

Tamiya Jagdpanther Tamiya Jagdpanther Jagdpanther Tamiya Jagdpanther

Edited by Sancho Panzer
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

the poor JP has been negleted somewhat as I've been working on my 1/72 Jagdtiger for the Group Build; here's a few shots of the camo scheme. As mentioned previously I went for one of these 'interesting' late-war stripey schemes instead of the 'winter' theme that I had origianlly planned - I wasn't too sure whether I liked it but it has kind of grown on me. I did some modulation with the airbrush although I'll probably reinforce this with some oil paints. Once I've applied a filter and weathered it the scheme should mellow down a little. I'll brush paint the tools etc, the wheels are all assembled and ready for paint. I've still got to tackle the Bronco tracks which looks like it will be a chore. And then paint the crew - a couple of Alpine figures which look very nice in the box. This will all have to wait until after the Tiger GB.

Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther

Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther

Thanks for looking,

Cheers, Andrew

• Like 9

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 3:10 PM, SimonT said:

This is really nice, did it ever get finished?

Thanks - still a work in progress I'm afraid! Now thw weather has turned into winter, I'll probably get going again.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...