Spitfire PRU Camera set

Jonny

The April edition of Airfix Model World has, on page 95, a review of a Brengun 1/48 scale a twin F52 camera fit “as installed on PR. X, XI and XIX variants”.  And “it would be suitable for 1/48 offerings by Airfix or AZ Model straight from the box (PR.XIX or XI respectively, or via conversions (Hasegawa with a Quickboost set)”.

From that I assume the reviewer knows that AZ Model has, or is about to, market a Spitfire PR. I. I looked on the AZ website but couldn’t see any reference.

Does anyone know whether or not we can expect a PR.XI Spitfire?? The review indicates that the cost of the Brengun camera is £8:30, by the way.

Jonny

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

From that I assume the reviewer knows that AZ Model has, or is about to, market a Spitfire PR. I. I looked on the AZ website but couldn’t see any reference.

AZ did a version of either the Occidental/Italeri  or the ICM Spitfire IX as a PR XI, base kit plus some conversion parts. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/az-model-az4803-supermarine-spitfire-prxi--131839

not turning up a review or more info to pin down the base kit at the mo

see here for more on the PR XI

Thanks very much, Troy ...

I thought it might be too good to be true.  I’ve converted a Mk.IX using a conversion set (I can’t for the life of me remember who marketed it) which had a resin deep nose, fairings for the wing fuel pumps and downward pointing cameras and PE surround for the oblique camera.  It was OK but was lost (destroyed) in a house move.  When I saw the review in AMW I thought AT LAST!  Ho hum.

Thanks again,  

Jonny