Skorzeny’s M10 Panther clones, what type of Panther ?

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello does anyone know which model of Mk.V Panther Otto Skorzeny, and Panzer brigade 150 used to make the M10 clones ? I wish to build one of these for the Panther Single type build next year. So im trying to gather up info and materials now. Any information and help of course is greatfully received. Thank you in advance.

Dennis

4 hours ago, Plasto said:

Have fun which kit do you think you’ll use...??

Not sure yet, with all the mods discussed in the link you posted. Maybe i should get a cheaper one ? Seeing as im going to be cutting or covering a lot of the kit up. 

1 hour ago, Das Abteilung said:

Didn't Dragon do this already, stand fast any glaring errors with it?  IIRC Accurate Armour do a conversion too: C034.

Did not know that ? I will have to look it up and see what it has. Thanks for the tip about Accurate Armour as well. 

Dennis

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Did not know that ? I will have to look it up and see what it has. Thanks for the tip about Accurate Armour as well. 

Dragon kit 6561, released 2009.  May not be still available, no-one I know seems to have it.  Based on their 2006 Panther G.  Probably a better bet than messing around with resin - no disrespect intended to Accurate Armour.  I'm pretty sure it comes with Magic Tracks but it only has a plastic gun barrel.  Voyager do/did an etch set for it, PE35339.  I forgot that CMK also do/did a conversion for the ersatz M10 with a metal barrel, 3039.  Much cheaper than Accurate Armour, but do you get what you pay for?  Model Hobbies have that in stock at £22-odd.  Panther G's should be easy to track down to convert and there are multiple choices these days.  But with a conversion plus a base kit you're looking at £50 - £100 depending on whose kits you choose.

There is one - and only one - on eBay right now at a start price of £15.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dragon-1-35-Ersatz-M10-Smart-Kit-number-6561/183719438129?epid=1905433866&hash=item2ac6882731:g:08kAAOSwvcBcgTwS

czhCXLd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rob G said:

Or there's this one

For that price shipping better be a 1st class ticket on Qantas. 

“On the other hand Dragon is reissuing some of the older kits now.”

Good to know @Soeren ...Thanks 👍

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

2 hours ago, JackG said:

You never mentioned scale, but Dragon also offers one in 1/72.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Military_Vehicles/ersatz-m10/DML00007491/product.php?kw=Ersatz,M10

regards,

Jack

Preferably 1/35th, but any scale will be ok to be honest. I realize the build doesn't start for 18 months. However with my tiny budget, I have to organize my needs this far in advance. It also helps to gather info. 

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

It is always worth to keep track on ebay and activate international sellers. Chances are that you find one eventually. 

I agree for the same reasons as i gave JackG. I really truly do appreciate the help here. I didnt even know Dragon kitted one. I knew of some A/M, i thought there might’ve been one in 1/72. I really wasn't sure. So i just figured i would throw this net out and see what i could find. 

Dennis

There's another one just popped upon eBay at £60 Buy It Now or Best Offer.  You'd struggle to get a base kit and a conversion for that price, I think.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dragon-1-35-Late-WW-II-German-Ersatz-M10-Panzer-Tank-MIB-Sealed-Kit-2009/292997421915?epid=14026576664&hash=item443801db5b:g:9XsAAOSwaPpcAOeT

• Thanks 1

Perhaps the way to go and keep cost down is start with a reasonably nice but inexpensive base kit and just create the add on bits with plasticard or 3D printed bits Voyager do a PE detail set for the dragon kit that’s not too expensive and give you some of the harder to scratch build parts.. Or CMK do a conversion set... It German it’s SS and it’s Ardennes so lots of options abound...

Have fun...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dennis, 

I have the 1/72 kit.  I have seen at least one not-so-good review.  It was apparently when Dragon started simplifying their moldings (and their research?).  I also bought a supplement set from Cpl. Overby, but not sure what it cost, or if he is still in business (I think he had no active website, just Facebook page).  The resin set was pretty extensive -- it replaced a LOT of the kit.   Best of luck to you.

Bob C 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Soeren said:

Alternatively use a 1/16 scale model with the hpk modelling conversion kit.

Id love to but on one hand i couldnt afford one, unless i start harvesting some organs. On the other hand SWMBO already thinks im crazy. If I buy something that big she’d make me live in it ?