China Eastern Purple Peacock 737-800 1/200

I started and almost finished this as part of the 737 STGB last year. Later on I finished it and before we packed up and moved from China I took a few quick photos. It's in storage now along with all my other stuff.

Two notes about it. First up, I know it's not quite finished - there's a few spots (like the tyres and leading edges and the front of the engine mounts) that could use some touch up paint. Second up, the yellow backdrop might look weird but believe me, it's not too far from a sandstormy April Beijing sky!

The decals were an unbranded set I found on www.taobao.com.

Hope you like it.

737PP1-1024x541.jpg

737PP2-1024x615.jpg

737PP3-1024x525.jpg

737PP4-1024x406.jpg

737PP5-1024x369.jpg

737PP6-1024x726.jpg

737PP7-1024x415.jpg

And here is the real thing, a creative-commons licensed image from wikipedia which is fine to post.

B-5701_-_China_Eastern_Airlines_-_Boeing

• Like 17

A lovely little Love Liner in 1/200. You have done a great job and lets not forget just how small this kit is when it comes to the finer detail like the front landing gear. Hasegawa have re-engineered their 737 variants 3 or 4 times over the years and this is a real little gem stone. Being a fan of Hasegawa's 1/200 civils, I have a good stock of 737's in different liveries and series but must confess only the having actually got around to assembling their original -200 kits over the years (probably starting with their early Alaska or Aloha livery back in the 1980's)

Thanks for including the decal website, I will check into this myself. I hope you continue to build similar and it is a shocking shame I had to dig 3 pages back before finding your post - civil builds just don't stay fresh on the forum long enough to capture the potential audience who only has 10 minutes or so to surf the site

10 out of 10 from me.

• Like 1

Having spent quite a lot of time in China over a period of ten years. I understand your comment about the background only too well. My breathing hasn't recover after almost five years. 

I have flown on China Eastern in China. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 10:16 AM, Gimme Shelter said:

Thanks for including the decal website, I will check into this myself.

No worries! That site is actually China's main e-commerce platform so it sells everything. Kind of like ebay, amazon etc. So you'll need to search for the Chinese term for decals - let me know if you want any help. I think they often will ship abroad.