CM 170 Fouga Magister in Bundesluftwaffe livery

Hello! 

This is the 1/72 Heller kit and i tried to give this oldie a go.

I rescribbed it and chopped the flaps to give it a little rupture around the wing shape area, and also cutted the canopy and done the interior. It was painted with vallejo acrilycs.

The Magister with it's distinctive tail always looked odd to me but after this one I will try one in 48 for sure.

This machine was based upon on a scheme of the Berlin Gatow Magister and the whole point was to get the worn out look and the hi vis orange.

Your comments are welcome!

FOUGA MAGISTER 3

FOUGA MAGISTER 1

FOUGA MAGISTER 2FOUGA MAGISTER 4FOUGA MAGISTER 5FOUGA MAGISTER 6

• Like 38

Hi,

great looking Fouga. Good on you to choose the Heller kit; much better than the Airfix one! In addition, rescribing it was a great idea.

It all looks actually really good.

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Looks great - I've done the airfix version which is old and shows it's age - this looks much nicer. You did a great job on the weathering - the tip tanks look great. 

Thanks, the Heller version it's regarded as more exact as far as I understand... 

3 hours ago, jean said:

Hi,

great looking Fouga. Good on you to choose the Heller kit; much better than the Airfix one! In addition, rescribing it was a great idea.

It all looks actually really good.

Congrats!

JR

It was tricky to rescribbe at times due to the size but it came out satisfactory...i guess jejej...

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent model, with just the 'right' amount of weathering to give it character.

Kind regards,

Joachim

The painting process was difficult because the scheme showed that the whole upper surfaces where painted green and the grey violet on top of it was so eroded thait the green underneath was kinda see trough... So i used a 3m sanding sponge and sanded it very carefully until the green came out.... Then came washed and oils.... And another courious thing was that the national markings where in good shape, making a nice contrast to the weathered paint...

Thanks to all your kind words!

48 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely job Iggy. I used to think the Fouga was a weird looking thing, now I find it elegant & purposeful. Your build catches that so well. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, i do think the same now! Cheers!

• Like 1