This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

jrlx

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part II

Two packs of Swann Morton No 22 scalpel blades and three sheets of 180 wet and dry. It's all about the numbers when scratchbuilding kreiger!

I'd say this is a fair statement of intent for my winter nights!

The kit is also on the way and I'm still pondering the PE kit.

spacer.png

Bought the new Avis Bristol M1C in 1/72, one of my favourite Great War aircraft. To make up the minimum order, I got masks for the Modelsvit Su-7BMK and the Tamiya 109G.

Four 20 tonne hydraulic jacks - I have a house to make level before I start the roof replacement... yeah, it's put a dent in the modelling budget.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bought today at my LMS:

Italeri 1/72 Canadair CL-415

275933-11185-40-pristine.jpg

It's a rebox of a original Heller tooling. Comes with a huge decal sheet for five different machines (2 Italian, 2 French, one Spanish). The colour scheme is basically the same.

Also bought a bottle of Alclad Black Primer and Microfiller. They come in 60 ml bottles now, instead of the original 120 ml ones. Not happy about that.

Cheers

Jaime

13 hours ago, jrlx said:

...........Also bought a bottle of Alclad Black Primer and Microfiller. They come in 60 ml bottles now, instead of the original 120 ml ones. Not happy about that.

Jaime @jrlx are they still distributed by Alclad or has supply switched to AK?

Some pilots for the Blackbird, spare Luftwaffe ones and something to make up Hannants minimum order:

48721797702_c0588916b9_z.jpg

I had not bought anything for a year... so withdrawal symptoms set in.

So I ordered a couple of small goodies from my LHS in Jo'burg and collected them yesterday while in Louis Trichardt.

Nothing fancy:

- Airfix 1/72 Ju 87 B-1: a beautifully engineered Stuka. I am already in love!

- Aires 1/72 Martin Baker Mk 7 ejection seats, to use in my Fujimi F-4B.

- Moskit metal exhaust pipes for my Frog Vengeance!!! Amazing to still find these Moskit goodies. Incredibly thin and beautiful exhaust, more real than real life!

Have fun!

JR

A couple of things dropped onto the front door step yesterday, an Airfix Super Mystere from the local auction site, I'm impressed at it for its age, decals all in register. Nice & from Modelimex, a Special Hobby Mirage F.1 Armee de L'air boxing & a couple of DK decal sheets, one (Avg 7 23rd FG) with the markings for this P-40N & a RAAF Ventura/PVB 1 sheet.

Steve.

Recent trip to Halifax provided a Bronco WWII British Field Accessories Set and a Bronco British/Commonwealth AFV Crew Set.

And today i bought 4 new shirts for work as i'm back there on Monday! :S

Regards,

Steve

11 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Jaime @jrlx are they still distributed by Alclad or has supply switched to AK?

There's no mention of other companies on the bottle, just Alclad. Would you be referring to AMMO Mig distribution? As far I could find, AK does not include Alclad products in their site but AMMO does (but even smaller 30 ml primer bottles):

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/alclad-ii-metallic-paints/511-black-microfiller-alc309.html

Cheers

Jaime

On 10/09/2019 at 20:12, Howlindawg said:

Which kit and PE set? I have the 1/72 Roden kit in the stash.

Thanks

Jaime

1 hour ago, jrlx said:

Which kit and PE set? I have the 1/72 Roden kit in the stash.

Thanks

Jaime

I was referring to the 1/72 Roden (which arrived today) and the PART PE set.

Some of the PE set looks really useful but I'd probably only use half of it.

An Airfix 1/72 Blenheim IV (new tool), as I need one for a bit of a local history project.

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

one (Avg 7 23rd FG) with the markings for this P-40N

Will you be adding the rockets under the wings ? If so i have a few close-up pics of the rockets installed ? Let me know and i can P/m them over as i don't know who owns them. They're from random internet searches. 

Dennis

@CorsairfoxfouruncleThat would be good Dennis, I know I've got some spares, I think from Academy P-47s but there were different mountings on different aircraft so some info would be appreciated.

Steve.

10 hours ago, jrlx said:

There's no mention of other companies on the bottle, just Alclad. Would you be referring to AMMO Mig distribution?

Jaime

Morning Jaime, my bad! Getting the wrong distributor.

Paul

A couple of purchases for the Curtis hawk STGB, modeldecal raf sky squadron codes, mister Kraft p-36 and hopefully later a Hasegawa p-40n edit: won that in the end 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

20 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A couple of things dropped onto the front door step yesterday, an Airfix Super Mystere from the local auction site, I'm impressed at it for its age, decals all in register. Nice & from Modelimex, a Special Hobby Mirage F.1 Armee de L'air boxing & a couple of DK decal sheets, one (Avg 7 23rd FG) with the markings for this P-40N & a RAAF Ventura/PVB 1 sheet.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Woah!!! an SMB2 AND an F1!!! You deserve an honorary French citizenship my friend!

I have been rooting for these two kits as well, but I believe there are more recent kits of the SMB2 that may be more user friendly, and less fun to build, of course!!!

Have fun with all these goodies!

JR

Received today, the Panda Models T-14 Armata, on special offer from the Big H.  I have plans to build it as a 'what if' in Spanish service, so then I'll have a Spanish Armata.

Sorry, couldn't resist that  :whistle:

On 9/14/2019 at 5:19 AM, jean said:

but I believe there are more recent kits of the SMB2 that may be more user friendly,

Very much as Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 suggested too on his Dassault GB thread so I think there will be a Special Hobby one coming soon too, though being a perverse type I'm likely to build either the Airfix kit in French colours or the Airfix F.1 in SAAF colours. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

A bundle of 1/48 AM direct and fast from Black Dog for three fighter builds I'm currently working on along with an Apache to which they threw in for free as a 'GIFT', three extra 1/48 sets: Electronics Bay for the F-16, Engine for the OV-1D and the engine plus open housing for an F-4J. So big shout-out to Black Dog for excellent service. I'll certainly be buying more from them in future! :D:clap:

Quiet week , only purchase has been 1/48 Minicraft 1/48 Beechcraft F-33 Bonanza , the one with the normal style of tail that for reasons unknown costs around twice as much for the three extra parts as the one with the original butterfly tail but looks like a nice kit of an aircraft from an area of aviation that is not too well covered in model form.

On 10/09/2019 at 20:12, Howlindawg said:

I'd say this is a fair statement of intent for my winter nights!

spacer.png

Nice! I’ve been eyeing one of those as there used to be some stationed at a long defunct base down the street from my house

Recent additions my Dad picked up for me from the clearout of a deceased friend’s model stash

48737072956_62d29a379b_b.jpg

48737253502_af1fb33374_b.jpg

48736748693_d8ed1f39ae_b.jpg

I mainly do 1/72 planes but never look a gift kit in the mouth. That boat is likely going to turn into a channel rescue diorama eventually