This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

jrlx

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part II

Just successfully bid on a Sword 1/72 Spitfire Vc and an Airfix U-2. The Spit was a relatively reasonable price and the U-2 probably wasn't, though I did get it for a bit less than they usually go for on eBay. 

In in other news, eBay refunded the money for the Canberra PR.9 that never turned up. Interestingly, several other people left bad feedback for exactly the same reason.

The S&M models (try googling that! Or maybe don't....) Canberra T.4 arrived and it looks like a lovely kit. I'm hoping to get the entire range, including the AMP and Mikro Mir relatives.

Cheers,

Mark.

Posted (edited)

Nice @lasermonkey, I was the first bidder on that U2, forgot to rebid. Anyway I’ve been a bit busy the last few weeks so nothing purchased aside from an airfix JP over the Easter weekend, though won some airfix stands today and should be adding the reissue of the airfix JP tommorow for a double build and got an order of hataka paints also pending. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

38 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nice @lasermonkey, I was the first bidder on that U2, forgot to rebid. Anyway I’ve been a bit busy the last few weeks so nothing purchased aside from an airfix JP over the Easter weekend, though won some airfix stands today and should be adding the reissue of the airfix JP tommorow for a double build and got an order of hataka paints also pending. 

Dammit, I wouldn't have bid against you if I'd known!

16 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Dammit, I wouldn't have bid against you if I'd known!

I wouldn’t have got it, somebody else bid in between us, and I forgot to counter so no worries

My Alleycat Shackleton MR1 and Beaufighter II conversions have shown up after being ordered in mid January. Both look very nice and the clear resin casting for the nose must have a high defect rate. 

Eventually got my copy of Schiffer's U S Army Aviation Colors 1942 to Present by Lennart Lundh that was first ordered mid-March , first attempt failed to arrive and had to wait three weeks for refund , ditto with second order from same seller who still had and has it showing in stock , third attempt with a different bookshop earlier this week and it arrived today , although well worth waiting for.

Second-hand Arms and Armour Press British Military Helicopters by John Everett-Heath dating back to the mid-1980s and complements another book on the same subject bought last week.

Caught up with some Aero Research photo albums that have been converted for PDF download - Modeler's Guide to the P-38 Lightning USAF Boss Birds Part 1 , USN/USMC Collection Part 4 , USAF Collection Part 5 , DC-3 & C-47 , USN/USMC Phantoms Parts 3 & 5.

No kits, JP not arrived from airfix, though did leave with a paint, and also confirmed ed that hataka order, 5 federal standard colours for a kfir and a f-16, looking forwards to trying them out 

Took a trip to Ripon today and came home with....

From Veteranus Models an ICM 1914 Model T Fire Truck. Not my usual fayre but why not I thought.

From the Works I got the Haynes Manual Challenger 2 and WW2 German Infantryman for 7 quid each. Been wanting them for a while so was rather chuffed when they were spotted.

Regards 

Steve 

Two pizzas from the campsite takeaway.  Delicious!

From Perth last week.

1/48 Tamiya F-14D

Mig Productions paint set for said F-14D

1/48 AMK Aero Delfin

1/35 Hobby Boss Land Rover

New Opti-visor because I broke the last one. 

This week. 

Gone all all cutting edge and got an iPhone 6s

New alternator for the car.

Can't really grumble - The last one did 210k....

IanJ

A pair of Arma Hurricanes from MJW Models, ostensibly for next year's Battle Of Britain groupbuild. For reasons I haven't quite managed to explain to myself, I have managed to put off getting any until now. I did, however, manage to talk myself into buying one of the Expert sets.

Cheers,

Mark.

7 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

A pair of Arma Hurricanes from MJW Models, ostensibly for next year's Battle Of Britain groupbuild. 

Sound move.  You just didn't buy enough.  Personally I find that the basic kit plus a set of Eduard seat belts still gives you comfortably the best 1/72 Hurricane I on the market.

The kits I grabbed at Moson Model Show on April 27th.

This show is a bottomless pit of delicious aftermarket items as well.

Needless to say I spent more money on Master metal gun barrels, Eduard masks and some photo-etch frets as well.

Barracuda Cals from the US visited first time.

I purchased a decal sheet for P-51D Mustangs from them (seen right at the bottom of the pile).

resized_6c69dec8-7639-4680-bf03-835e3b2e

I bought one of those 1/72 Percival Vega Gull kits by Dora Wings last week.

It looks really nice, but gives no clues as to interior colours.

Here ya go @upnorth

All the internal photos, with the exception of one, are in light Grey. Instrument panel, binnacle, floor and seats.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, fatfingers said:

Took a trip to Ripon today and came home with....

From Veteranus Models an ICM 1914 Model T Fire Truck. Not my usual fayre but why not I thought.

From the Works I got the Haynes Manual Challenger 2 and WW2 German Infantryman for 7 quid each. Been wanting them for a while so was rather chuffed when they were spotted.

Regards 

Steve 

Two of my haunts on my weekly visit to Ripon when I'm on leave, plus I always visit Appleton's for a pork pie and a savoury duck....... or two. 😁

Can't wait to test the Alclad Silver, and gotta get buildin' a light box!

spacer.png

Just got 2 1/48 Hasegawa TF-104s.  And I found a Italeri SH-60B at a local shop for $16.  That felt like a win! :)

A Hasegawa F-4EJ Kai JASDF in the ocean scheme, unobtainium from ebay but then one showed up on the local auction site from an Auckland store, affordium as well. :) Plus a A-models Avro 504 from ebay to go with the Kora Belgian 504 N conversion on the way from Modelimex. I'll bet they all arrive on the same day while I'm at work & she will clear the mailbox. :(

Steve. 

..latest Exito decal packs

spacer.png

Lost my airfix b-25 build yesterday, repairing it ended in disaster, so best to start again so got myself another kit, though was only able to get the original boxing, so a decal donation is needed to do it as an raf option again.....

Bought this 1:1 scale Mondeo so that I can tow my caravan again, as my Chevrolet Cruze doesn't have the umph to do so.

3329aaac-5616-4db2-be39-85562ffe136c.jpg

A couple of Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk Is, again for the BoB groupbuild next year. They were only three quid (posted) each and even though I have a ridiculous amount of Spitfires already, I don't actually have any unstarted Mk Is.

The two Arma Hurricanes arrived today and I couldn't help but start one of them this evening. This obviously means that I'm going to have to buy some more, as I'll need at least two for the BoB groupbuild. I know exactly which Hurricanes I'll be building for this, as they're part of a rather poignant story.

Cheers,

Mark.

Getting ready

spacer.png