This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

jrlx

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part II

From the big A, I found a pack of resin 1/32nd P-38 superchargers at a good price for future scratch builds,  but needed to get to twenty quid for post free.

So I added thin superglue and then it seemed rude not to also add a Meng 'toons' King Tiger for 9.99. Because I could! The parcel arrived today. Result.

Just got a Valom B-45 off eBay for a bit of a bargain. Not exactly the prettiest aeroplane, but an essential part of my East Anglian aircraft collection.

Purchases done in March and April.

Aircraft modelling books:

Other books:

Aftermarket and consumables:

and also a new smartphone: a HTC U12+

Despite the initial bad reviews due to the use of pressure sensors in place of normal on/off and volume buttons, this smartphone with the latest firmware update works very well and even the Edge Sense 2 functions work well after some adjustment of the pressure sensitivity (they also can be very handy). Of course, being a 9 month old high-end model, it is very quick and powerful.

Cheers

Jaime

My pair of Sunderland Vs has arrived from Special Hobby - very nice! Surface detail much better than the Italeri I/III (mind you, that wouldn't be hard ...). I've already started measuring the fuselage halves of one of them for the first Sandringham conversion, which is where I'll be going with both of them. I might get another later to do a 10RAAF or 461RAAF Mk V.

Interesting collection of parts. It looks as though SH has plans to do some Peggy-engined versions further down the track. There are alternate early and late turrets, a beautiful set of Yagi ASV aerials, straight and faired hull steps, no less than four alternative upper fuselage panels (Mk I/II, with the two single gun openings, turreted, turreted with the turret opening faired over, and very late/Sandringham style without the hump) and a few other early-Mark bits and bobs that surely wouldn't be there if they weren't meant for use at some time or other ...

On 3/15/2019 at 7:09 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

It's part built in my head already.

That must make it a bit crowded in there.