This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

jrlx

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part II

As the previous topic reached the maximum of 40 pages, I thought I should start a continuation topic.

So, today I received a new book, which had been suggested by @FalkeEins:  Jonathan Littell's "The Kindly Ones", but in a Portuguese translation.

At almost 900 pages and considering the theme of the book, it should be heavy reading in all respects.

Cheers

Jaime

A few days ago from ebay.........an 'already started'...

photo-th.jpg

And yesterday, and with two bodies, good bargain.......

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Just got the reissued Revell aka Hasegawa FGR.2 and noticed at the same time Heller have reissued the Mirage IV in 1/48. A basic kit but looks good in the box and always wanted one.

Julien

9 minutes ago, Julien said:

.........   Heller have reissued the Mirage IV in 1/48. A basic kit but looks good in the box and always wanted one.

It is indeed a nice (and big) kit , built one a few years back and scratchbuilt the recce pod and other dangly bits , ECM aerials and some added cockpit detail but bought another last year along with Neomega cockpit ,  L'Arsenal pods and Berna decals for a second try one of these days.

I heard The Call and placed an order with Hannants for the three volumes of the Windsock Special on the Fokker D.VII, the last 1/72 DK Decals Malta Spitfire Aces sheet, and masks: the Valom Albatross (Avalon), Special Hobby Vildebeest (Peewit), and for the two Airfix Mitchell IIs I pre-ordered over a year ago and which have FINALLY shipped from Airfix USA (Eduard). Really quite a lot of money for supplemental materials. This is, if you lack any sense of proportion, as I do, not a cheap hobby.

As they kept sending me  discount coupon  emails, why not I thought, that Fokker looks like nice easy rigging free (ish) build and its yellow, I like yellow

46566204444_da3c1921c5_b.jpg

Another collectors holy grail, the original issue with the right decals for a fraction of what they normally go for, complete and unmolested

46394615445_4533d354ae_b.jpg

Look, Philippe, it haz both ze sharks!

47289381591_8aac66e05b_b.jpg

£3.20 on eBay  yielded these three, my first ever toy in the UK in 1969, Ripe for a little restoration practice methinks, time to get rivet drilling and air erasing; Seeing as the original was a vivid silver ( with shiny silver leather!) I see Alclad in these babies futures...

40344592343_bd42c17a43_b.jpg

A copy of The Last Blitz from Wing Leader Press. I wish they had a US distributor, as their shipping prices are quite high. Do they exhibit at Telford by any chance?

1 hour ago, azureglo said:

Look, Philippe, it haz both ze sharks!

47289381591_8aac66e05b_b.jpg

But are they 'Jaguar Sharks' and does it have a 1/125 Steve Zissou?

6 minutes ago, Des said:

2 hours ago, azureglo said:

40344592343_bd42c17a43_b.jpg

I actually parked next to a real one of these locally a couple of years ago. It still looked like something from the future!  Those glass doors are now the in thing in supercars 50 years later.  Mind you it was a warm day so I expect the owner had to stand around for a bit with everything open before getting in and driving off!

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

the last 1/72 DK Decals Malta Spitfire Aces sheet,

Darn i was hoping to snag that sheet in the future. 😉 oh well maybe it’ll be out there somewhere else. 

Once again my local recycling centre shop has turned up trump's again I got these two for a fiver each still wrapped.40346175713_6a5732762b_c.jpg

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

I actually parked next to a real one of these locally a couple of years ago. It still looked like something from the future!  Those glass doors are now the in thing in supercars 50 years later.  Mind you it was a warm day so I expect the owner had to stand around for a bit with everything open before getting in and driving off!

Are you sure? Might have been a De Lorean or a homebrew special , there was only one of these ever built and Bertone kept till 2011 and allowed it out once in 1996. Unsure who bought but Prince Albert did the parade lap last year just like his Dad in 1967. From what I've been told the buyer was an Italian whose family may or may not be in the automobile business...fix it again, Tony!

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/VE11/Villa-d'Este/lots/r104-1967-lamborghini-marzal/186888

Side impact protection your Highness? Hmmm, interesting question....

A couple of days ago was in York and as well as some Vallejo paints from Boyes, Works had the Haynes manual on the Lysander which was duly purchased. They also had one on the Camel which I was tempted by, but really needed to do some birthday pressie buying for Mrs T. 

Polish Wings #25, on the Fokker E.V/D.VIII. 

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

A couple of days ago was in York and as well as some Vallejo paints from Boyes, Works had the Haynes manual on the Lysander which was duly purchased. They also had one on the Camel which I was tempted by, but really needed to do some birthday pressie buying for Mrs T. 

Disgusting.......NO visit to either Monk Bar or P&S...........

what IS the World coming to? :wacko: I don't know............:wicked:

5 hours ago, Des said:

Ziswho? Jeez sounds like a friend of Venkman's🤔

Went a bit mad last week:

1/48 Airfix Lightning

1/48 Airfix Hunter

1/48 Revell Tornado F3

1/48 Revell Phantom FGR2

1/48 Tamiya Spitfire (the new tool)

Some paints and supplies, a new airbrush hose...

... and over £100 in aftermarket from Hannants 😨

3 hours ago, azureglo said:

Are you sure? Might have been a De Lorean or a homebrew special , there was only one of these ever built and Bertone kept till 2011 and allowed it out once in 1996. Unsure who bought but Prince Albert did the parade lap last year just like his Dad in 1967. From what I've been told the buyer was an Italian whose family may or may not be in the automobile business...fix it again, Tony!

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/VE11/Villa-d'Este/lots/r104-1967-lamborghini-marzal/186888

You must be right it was much nicer than that appalling looking thing.  Matchbox improved the looks in their version.

It was red, early 70s and not a Ferrari, Pantera or Miura, maybe a Maserati though the Merak doesn't seem glazed enough.  I'm sure I took a picture.  One thing it wasn't was a kit or a DeLorean, I've seen enough of those in the past 40 years.

Maybe what I need is a vintage pack of Top Trumps for revision!

Cheers

Will 

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Disgusting.......NO visit to either Monk Bar or P&S...........

what IS the World coming to? :wacko: I don't know............:wicked:

Went to Monk Bar, was tempted by Airfix Flak88 reissue as always wanted it as a callow 14 Yr old. I resisted on the grounds of not having wings and when would it get built? 

Haven't got it yet, but I have ordered the repopped Fly 1:48 Macchi M.5. Missed it the first time around, wan't going to let it happen again!

10 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Side impact protection your Highness? Hmmm, interesting question....

... along with "is there now a Royal Chieftan tank driving round Sandringham ? " :)

Posted (edited)

Being a big fan of Basil Rathbones 'Sherlock Holmes'...

Dressed to Kill

The Scarlett Claw

The Pearl of Death

Voice of Terror....

Edited by Vince1159

This set of airfix decals eventually (seller was new to paypal) , hoping they fit the new tool airfix  p51 (unlike the microscale ones of the same livery) 

47317707931_d84f1864f6_b.jpg