HMS Trafalgar Battle Class

3 hours ago, MikeR said:

Regardless of the problems, the model is turning out quite nicely.

Mike.B)

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Coming along very nicely Beefy. I love the look of the Battle class and yours is capturing that look superbly.

Terry

Well Mike, Terry I think it’s going to be make the best of a bad job from me but at least I can use this information going forward to try and do the next one to a better standard hopefully :shrug:

beefy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Well Mike, Terry I think it’s going to be make the best of a bad job from me but at least I can use this information going forward to try and do the next one to a better standard hopefully

Well Beefy, I just had a look at your Eskimo build from back in January, and if that's anything to go by, your 1/350 ship building skills look the biz and certainly something I would love to be able to match sometime!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Well Beefy, I just had a look at your Eskimo build from back in January, and if that's anything to go by, your 1/350 ship building skills look the biz and certainly something I would love to be able to match sometime!

Terry

Thank you kindly sir your comment is much appreciated

I have noticed in your signature that you are researching 1/350 HMS Leopard would that be for the Atlantic models resin kit as i have that kit maybe we could swap our findings

I live not to far away from Mr Hall and when he attends the local shows he is always very helpful with information and tips on how to do the build process so this could be one of the next projects?

You never know i might be able to get all the right info at the right time for building it  :whistle:

beefy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

I have noticed in your signature that you are researching 1/350 HMS Leopard would that be for the Atlantic models resin kit as i have that kit maybe we could swap our findings

It is indeed for the Atlantic models kit, and what a superb kit it is. I'm just gathering reference pictures when I can at the moment, but certainly happy to swap findings when I get onto it in earnest. I've never built a 1/350 warship before, although years ago did a few 1/600 and 1/700, and there is a stalled 1/72 Vosper build in this WIP section somewhere. I am keen to start a 1/350 kit sometime this year, but I may have to choose something a bit smaller to cut my teeth on! Not sure what yet.

If you choose Leopard for your next build I will certainly stay very close and offer any info I can en route. You are very fortunate to have access to Peter Hall.

Looking forward to seeing that Trafalgar progress to the finish!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well it has been a while since I updated on this got myself some reference material and a few bits and pieces at the Driffield show at the weekend and lately have found myself buying a small amount of evergreen stuff I must be catching something  :hmmm:

spacer.png

spacer.png

So started this one off again with some simple stuff using the square rod I have cut various bits to add as deck lockers around the platforms

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then started work on the 40mm Bofors using the PE  :hypnotised:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kit parts and then after the PE

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was also going to add the pennant numbers but they just disintegrated so will be using some replacements from Atlantic i, am going to use the white ones instead of the black

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 8

Seconded - I found it quite useful. Incidentally, I must have missed it somewhere - which of the class are you building? 

Nice work on the Bofors - fiddly, aren't they? Wait til you get to the twins - 16 parts each.....my eyesight is still recovering...!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seems like ages that their was movement on the old girl.

Your stock renewal of plastic reminds that I better start a shopping list for Telford, 9 weeks to go :thumbsup:.

I have that book too, @Terry1954 told me to buy it.:poke:

9 hours ago, longshanks said:
10 hours ago, beefy66 said:

nd lately have found myself buying a small amount of evergreen stuff I must be catching something  :hmmm:

:innocent:  you know you want tooooo

We know who it is and it seems quite contagious.

It will be a while yet before I enter the world of 1/700 destroyers, tiny I know, and was wondering how I'm going to fill the 'Battle Class' hole, I'm sure their is a way.

Stuart 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I must be catching something  :hmmm:

Think you've caught it, nurtured it and it's ready to run wild!

Good selection if bits for the next stages you've got there. I'm another with the Les Brown book, and the A-I one as well. Really good reference material.

10 hours ago, Courageous said:

I better start a shopping list for Telford, 9 weeks to go :thumbsup:

Wait, 9 weeks! How can I get rid of the stash in that time so I can buy more???

:christmas:

Geoff 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/4/2019 at 11:30 PM, Paul Bradley said:

Seconded - I found it quite useful. Incidentally, I must have missed it somewhere - which of the class are you building? 

Nice work on the Bofors - fiddly, aren't they? Wait til you get to the twins - 16 parts each.....my eyesight is still recovering...!

Paul as the title suggests I, am attempting to build HMS Trafalgar

And yes they are fiddly little suckers  :hypnotised:

On 9/5/2019 at 7:55 AM, Courageous said:

Seems like ages that their was movement on the old girl.

Your stock renewal of plastic reminds that I better start a shopping list for Telford, 9 weeks to go :thumbsup:.

I have that book too, @Terry1954 told me to buy it.:poke:

We know who it is and it seems quite contagious.

It will be a while yet before I enter the world of 1/700 destroyers, tiny I know, and was wondering how I'm going to fill the 'Battle Class' hole, I'm sure their is a way.

Stuart 

On 9/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, Ripaman said:

That PE stuff does make a heck of a difference lovely job :like:

Regards

Richard

On 9/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, Bugle07 said:

Think you've caught it, nurtured it and it's ready to run wild!

Good selection if bits for the next stages you've got there. I'm another with the Les Brown book, and the A-I one as well. Really good reference material.

Wait, 9 weeks! How can I get rid of the stash in that time so I can buy more???

:christmas:

Geoff 

gent's thanks for stopping by and looking in on the slow progress

beefy

• Like 4

Well pennant numbers and draft marks added to hull from the Atlantic set these should settle down with the Micro Sol also added the extra life raft frames to the midship platform

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

more deck storage lockers from plastic rod

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 14

On 9/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, Bugle07 said:

She's going to look nice and busy with that lot on her. Looks good.

Geoff 

Cheers Geoff not sure you would call it busy or cluttered but busy does sound better

All these small bits are fiddly little suckers armament nearly done also took @Paul Bradley bit of advice and invested in another book for my reference library very good info so far cheers Paul.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Added the missing ribbing on the after funnel platform

And the AA guns

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 12

On 9/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ripaman said:

Very nice Beefy I can see why you say these are fiddly little sucks :like:

Regards

Richard 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, longshanks said:

Lots of tiny, tiny little bits and not a fingerprint in site.

:thumbsup:

Kev

Cheers Richard and Kev thanks for stopping buy and there is on fingerprint but it has been cleaned off before primer went on

Slow this week making up the depth charge launchers and started on the base

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

This weeks update feels like we are getting somewhere a lot of the small sub assembled armour added and the main deck rails and anchor chains

spacer.png

spacer.png

IMG-6703.jpg

And the main mast dry fit for effect

spacer.png

Beefy

• Like 9