Brian Cull: Flying Sailors At War Vol 2- any good?

Seahawk

While browsing the Dalrymple & Verdun website for @tonyot's Malta book (thanks for the prompt, @rob85, @Grey Beema, @stevehnz ) I came across the above title, which seems to have escaped my attention so far.  Sounds as if it might be right up the street of some of us on here and Brian Cull has produced some decent stuff over the years.  Has anyone got this book (or even taken a look at it on the shelf)?  I'm particularly interested in whether it contains fresh shots of FAA aircraft - or even RAF aircraft with FAA crews: hope it's more than just a rehash of Osprey's Royal Navy Aces of WW2.

PS If Vol 2 covers Sep 1939 to June 1940, what did Vol 1 cover?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Seahawk said:

While browsing the Dalrymple & Verdun website for @tonyot's Malta book (thanks for the prompt, @rob85, @Grey Beema, @stevehnz ) I came across the above title, which seems to have escaped my attention so far.  Sounds as if it might be right up the street of some of us on here and Brian Cull has produced some decent stuff over the years.  Has anyone got this book (or even taken a look at it on the shelf)?  I'm particularly interested in whether it contains fresh shots of FAA aircraft - or even RAF aircraft with FAA crews: hope it's more than just a rehash of Osprey's Royal Navy Aces of WW2.

PS If Vol 2 covers Sep 1939 to June 1940, what did Vol 1 cover?

From memory there are not that many pics in it,...... but the info is quite in depth. Brian doesn`t really concern himself with colours and markings for modellers,......just facts.

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

I think the 1939-40 volume is Volume 1. As I recall, the blurb on the back cover says Volume 2 will cover Dunkirk to the end of 1940.

As an aside, it always struck me as a shame that Brian Cull's 2nd volume of 'With the Yanks In Korea' hasn't made it onto the shelves (or if it did, it was there for a very, very short space of time).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1