IBG Models, 1/35 TKS, Polish Army 1939.

So thought I would get away from late war German Armour and Paper panzers for a bit. See this online and thought it looked interesting and a bit different. The quality of the kit and instructions looks really good. So looking forward to getting started.

Also bought the HATAKA polish armour paint set. Has anyone got experience using these paints and are they any good? I only really paint with Vallejo and Tamiya.

32356426497_45554cc6ac_b.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, vaoinas said:

I have the same kit waiting in the line with both Part aftermarket sets. So I'm in the front row to see more and probably follow with my own build soon enough.

What company does the after market set for it? 

3 hours ago, Rangerboy83 said:

What company does the after market set for it? 

The company is called Part. They make exterior sets for both variants of TKS and an interior set and they have photoetch track set as well. (P35-304; P35-305; P35-306;P35-307)

Most Part sets are available in jadarhobby.pl, but maybe you could get their products somewhere else too.

For disclaimer I have to say, that though I have 2 Part sets for my IBG TKS, I haven't tried these out yet and cannot comment about accuracy or quality.

Edited by vaoinas
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 11:36, Rangerboy83 said:

bought the HATAKA polish armour paint set. Has anyone got experience using these paints and are they any good? I only really paint with Vallejo and Tamiya

Get ready to clean the tip your airbrush every 30 seconds,  almost a plastic skin , don't try to sand after you've sprayed, it'll peel of like orange skin, so transparent they hardly count as paint, my tip, prime with a similar colour to the finish, don't do a stark  preshade ( if you do that), only use for brush painting, can you tell I don't like them, 

Although to be fair some do,, 

I like the subject look forward to seeing it built 👍

• Like 2

19 hours ago, vaoinas said:

The company is called Part. They make exterior sets for both variants of TKS and an interior set and they have photoetch track set as well. (P35-304; P35-305; P35-306;P35-307)

Most Part sets are available in jadarhobby.pl, but maybe you could get their products somewhere else too.

For disclaimer I have to say, that though I have 2 Part sets for my IBG TKS, I haven't tried these out yet and cannot comment about accuracy or quality.

That’s great. Thanks for the info. Will have a look. Maybe more for the future if I build another one. I don’t have much experience with detail sets other than Metal Barrels, Tracks and grills. Lol

Hataka is hands-down the worst paint I've ever used.  The Polish armour colours are not correct (the British early war set is even worse) and as mentioned, the paint goes on gummy and plasticky.  

As above, the paint is fragile and peels off in sheets.  Ugh, I detest that stuff.

I’m just about finished with the IBG kit.  Decent overall, but hatches are thick.

PART makes excellent photoetch, but the existing sets are for the Mirage TKS/TK3.

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 2

On 09/03/2019 at 05:20, f matthews said:

PART makes excellent photoetch, but the existing sets are for the Mirage TKS/TK3.

These PART set's, I've named above, are all for the new IBG TKS kits. 

• Like 1

So quick up date on this comedy wee vehicle. Been working on building and painting the interiour. After looking at the after market sets available I decided against buying them. The amount of photo etch is above my skill set at the moment. An a wagon this small I didn’t fancy attempting it. The colours of the interiour probably ain’t that accurate either. I just went off some other builds online as I guide to colours.

Been playing about with the HATAKA paints and I found them workable. Not the best but think I’m just not used to them yet.  Got some more weathering to the interiour to do before I move on with the build.

33487145538_4d4f200245_b.jpg

33487145528_6749822e06_b.jpg

• Like 7

On 07/03/2019 at 08:39, vaoinas said:

I have the same kit waiting in the line with both Part aftermarket sets. So I'm in the front row to see more and probably follow with my own build soon enough.

Don’t suppose you have identified any issues with your kit? I’ve got a drama with the upper superstructure. Part M1 seems to be a bit distorted? Just wonder how I’m gonna get it to fit.

On 18/03/2019 at 13:55, Rangerboy83 said:

Don’t suppose you have identified any issues with your kit? I’ve got a drama with the upper superstructure. Part M1 seems to be a bit distorted? Just wonder how I’m gonna get it to fit.

Sorry, haven't started mine yet. I checked the M1 part of mine, though and it seemed okay in my kit.

• Thanks 1

So managed to finish building the TKS had some fitting dramas with the upper superstructure. Painted using the set from HATAKA. Paints works alright but still prefer Vallejo. Got some more weathering to do and some work on the tracks. Also waiting for my German Infantryman from Alpine to arrive. Once he is painted and fitted that will be it done. I left the rear decks up and left the machine gun out to try give the impression it’s been abandoned by it crew.

32506119197_9c2c2c41c6_b.jpg

32506119177_39a04a42b6_b.jpg

40481978113_1b76691f75_b.jpg

33571756628_cba85cc245_b.jpg

46532613875_73138d296c_b.jpg

33571756658_ff7d840691_b.jpg

If you see anything I could adjust or change then please feel free to comment. I’m not to sure about the ground work. Think the grass is still to much a rich green. Might need to spray some other green/yellow in?

• Like 6

That's a cute little tank, it looks a bit like those meng toon tanks, nicely painted and weathered, I'd  like to see it with a figure hanging out of the top for scale, I bet it's a lot smaller than I imagine, good job

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What a great looking TKS.  I wonder how your figure came out.  I do think your scene would be improved with at least one figure, ideally a German trooper looking inside for goodies :).  

Your grass looks nice and unkept but you are right some more colour variation would look better.  Maybe a dry brush of some lighter shades of green to add some variation?  Best practice some before committing to the scene proper.  Might I also be so bold as to suggest adding some more variation to your base.  Some dried roots for twigs or other textures of 
vegetation. Something small in the opposite corner to balance the composition, perhaps?

Most of all I'd love to see this with a figure or two as I think it would kick it up a notch and show off just how tiny these little tanks were.  Thanks for sharing your lovely TKS.

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments and constructive criticism. Yeah I will try to improve my ground work in my next build.👍Here is the link to the finished build. Glad you like it. It’s a smart wee kit to build.