1/72 Eduard Bf-109 G

I am not sure that the render is 1/72 scale kit. Mr. Šulc was asked "when will the time come for the Bf-109 family in 1/72 scale?" few days back in the Q&A thread at modelforum.cz and his answer was this (translated to English):

"Regarding time, do you mean when we start constructing them or selling them? Construction will start this year and I would like to see them in stores next year, around the time of Eday. I don't know which version will come first, we will decide when the time comes."

Then someone suggested to start with G-10 and Mr. Šulc replied that he is tempted to start with G-6/AS, but that's about all of the discussion.

Edit: He also mentioned that E variants won't be included in this project, as they require more significant redesign.

Edited by JBr
  • Like 1

Render is for 48th scale kit, and I truly hope they don't simply downscale before mentioned, because fuselage is app.1,5mm too high, but still in 48th scale making visually

front end ( firewall forwards ) too blunt, especially spinner which is in scale but too wide/too large diameter.

18 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Render is for 48th scale kit, and I truly hope they don't simply downscale before mentioned, because fuselage is app.1,5mm too high, but still in 48th scale making visually

front end ( firewall forwards ) too blunt, especially spinner which is in scale but too wide/too large diameter.

How do you dare ?

Have you got a Eduard life insurance ? You know the best amongst all the world  insurances !

I would say that Eduard could release a "special paper project" 1/72 scale Bf 109G type with a 1/48 scale exhaust and I-16 type spinner.

And for the more demanding scale modeller a good model of it in the Brassin range.

😉 Madcop

• 5 months later...

In an Facebook Messenger conversation with Alena from Eduard this morning about my suggestion for a 1/72 scale series of late model F4U Corsairs, I also asked about the upcoming Bf-109 series to which she replied, "it'll be released in November". She also mentioned a series of early Spitfires as a future project. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, Dave Fleming said:

Don't see Tamiya doing an AS or DB605D aircraft, so that area would make sense to start

I don't see Tamiya doing any other variant if their recent history is to judge (F-16 *cough*)

22 hours ago, USAJustin said:

In an Facebook Messenger conversation with Alena from Eduard this morning about my suggestion for a 1/72 scale series of late model F4U Corsairs, I also asked about the upcoming Bf-109 series to which she replied, "it'll be released in November". She also mentioned a series of early Spitfires as a future project. 

The November release is the 1/48 G-6/AS, which was delayed from being released in August because Eduard were scrambling to get the P-51D ready for the Chattanooga IPMS USA Nationals. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The November release is the 1/48 G-6/AS, which was delayed from being released in August because Eduard were scrambling to get the P-51D ready for the Chattanooga IPMS USA Nationals. 

Yeah, she didn’t specify the scale, drat!🤔 Guess I’ll pick up the Tamiya kit in the meantime😬

Last year , during the mig-21 and the fokker biplane announcement , they said their next 72nd scale kit will be the typhoon . Likely downscaled from the 48th. I would hazard a guess that a 109 and p-51 will eventually follow as well but the typhoon is likely first and that makes sense too - tamiya , their closest competitor , does't offers that type.

Earlier this year , they also mentioned the intend to rebox a crop duster originally tooled by KP . 72nd scale of course.

6 minutes ago, Basuroy said:

they said their next 72nd scale kit will be the typhoon . Likely downscaled from the 48th

The 1/48 "Eduard" Typhoon is the Hasegawa kit reboxed.   Do you mean Tempest?  that makes more sense.

23 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

The 1/48 "Eduard" Typhoon is the Hasegawa kit reboxed.   Do you mean Tempest?  that makes more sense.

Yes correct , the tempest . The one they tooled themselves with full rivet details and all. Confused the types oops. :)

• Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 19:04, USAJustin said:

A series of early Spitfires is superoverdue and could be more than welcome. At the same time I do not see why Tamiya should be worried as Eduard indeed is not really targeting 1/72 scale anymore unfortunately...

Late model Corsairs is something just entirely ignored. No one cares but those aircraft were taking part in conflicts over 10 years or more following the end of WWII.

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

A series of early Spitfires is superoverdue and could be more than welcome. At the same time I do not see why Tamiya should be worried as Eduard indeed is not really targeting 1/72 scale anymore unfortunately...

Late model Corsairs is something just entirely ignored. No one cares but those aircraft were taking part in conflicts over 10 years or more following the end of WWII.

A scale wasn’t specified for the early Spits in our conversation I’m afraid. 

Late model Corsairs are sorely lacking any really good accurate kits in 1/72 scale, sure would be great to see some, they look great with 4 bladed props! Lots of differences between variants too.

8 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Late model Corsairs is something just entirely ignored.

Even in 1/48th scale, there is only one kit worth mentioning: Hasegawa, in all its variants. The HobbyBoss late Corsairs are crap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USAJustin said:

A scale wasn’t specified for the early Spits in our conversation I’m afraid. 

Late model Corsairs are sorely lacking any really good accurate kits in 1/72 scale, sure would be great to see some, they look great with 4 bladed props! Lots of differences between variants too.

F4U-5/AU-1 are just different aircraft. You can't get them by scratch conversion from earlier ones. And I do not see a manufacturer to take care about. Extremely unlikely it can be Eduard in any scale. Not their area of interest at all. 

Eduard did a Hellcat, so a Corsair isn't too far outside their "area of interest".  If you want to argue that the F4U-5 and AU-1 are not WW2 types but Korea, Eduard did do a MiG.15.  I'm not arguing that they will do a Corsair of any kind, but I wouldn't rule it out immediately.

• Like 1