1:72 Airfix Hawker Hurricane MK IIC

A recent completion here is this old tool Airfix kit. 

Needs some work as from what I remember the fuselage halves are not exactly equal length. i went for lining the engine housing up and adjusted the tail. A gappy fit needed some filler along the fuselage seam. The cockpit opening is actually too wide for the canopy to sit properly so i padded the sides of the hole out with sprue shavings so fit. 

Painted in Humbrol gloss enamel by brush as it was the only colour I had that came near, she was glossed with Johnson's, decals added then gloss and Newton and Winsor to mat down then weathered with enamels, pastels and one Vallejo colour. 

Using more guess work than research, mainly because I couldn't be bothered LOL, I took it upon myself to assume the wings were metal hence the weathering, if they were fabric then, oh well 😂😂. The decals came with the kit and went on lovey with solutions to aid setting The black strips either side of the cockpit were taken from some 1:48 scale invasion stripes from Academy. 

C715EB25-6940-469C-9095-CC0F7A35ACD5_zps

421C0FA6-96CE-4935-92B1-F7AECB91EAD1_zps

AC35F7B0-7AAB-4462-A0B5-BFD9EBFDEEE9_zps

Edited by X Wing Flyboy
  • Like 13

Looks good. Larger pictures would be nice. Something in the 600x800 range. It makes the subject easier to see, especially for old eyes like mine.

Again, you've not painted the prop tips yellow.

Chris

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Looks good. Larger pictures would be nice. Something in the 600x800 range. It makes the subject easier to see, especially for old eyes like mine.

Again, you've not painted the prop tips yellow.

Chris

Yes your correct, these were taken from my old line storage and i think its buggered the res. Will shoot some more if intetested? 

• Like 1