Nice little build. The colours look pretty good to me, especially the Dark Earth - far better than the Mr Paint RAF DG/DE which look awful IMHO.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

Nice neat finish & the Mission Model colours look great. I've just finished a Defiant using MRPs DE/DG and I have to say I'm not convinced.

I missed the memo on yellow prop tips - what's inaccurate about them?

• Thanks 1

Well, I cant see any reasons to be unkind. Your paintwork looks flawless. How were the paints to spray?  I have slowly collected the RAF colours but not used them yet

I see Michael Rinaldi, of Tankart fame swears by them

Cheers

Bruce

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, monsjmse said:

I missed the memo on yellow prop tips - what's inaccurate about them?

Ditto, not something I've ever heard either.

Lovely smooth paintjob Tony, and as pacificmustang asked, how do the paints spray?

Keith

• Thanks 1

@keefr22 and @pacificmustang 

The yellow tips aren’t on the box art. Only noticed it too late.  Thought they were introduced after the Battle of Britain? Or am I talking rubbish?

I put them on out of habbit from all the mk 5/9/8’s I have built. 

Mission sprays very well, I have done several builds with them now, including an NMF with their metal range. Good stuff probably the best acrylic as in water based type I have used. Brushes well too. 

Tony

• Like 2

Model looks spiffy as always Tony. Definitely my favourite model of all time, currently have 8 built and another to add.

I always add yellow tips to my Allied props unless instructions show otherwise, just makes sense to me.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Thought they were introduced after the Battle of Britain?

I had a quick google after posting and while it's difficult to tell 100% in b&w photo's, it seems that BoB Spits did have yellow tips. I found a couple of pre-war pics with two blade props and they may not have had yellow tips.

8 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

The yellow tips aren’t on the box art.

TBH, I wouldn't trust that - otherwise you could build a Lightning without tailplanes.....!! :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

Don't think anything bad can be said about the model, well done !

And not to worry, yellow tips had been introduced earlier so you're right in having painted them.

Regarding the paints, I like the green a lot and the Dark Earth doesn't look bad, maybe a bit light but something I'd be happy to use as it is. Not sure about their Sky, again looks a bit on the light side and at least in the pictures looks more blue than green.

The interior green looks odd, very dark compared to what my idea of interior grey green is.

• Thanks 1

Nice that Tony. To my eye the MM shades look really good. I'd be comfortable with the prop tips but remember they were 'sposed to be 4", about 1.5mm in depth, yours may be slightly over sized but don't go loosing sleep over it. ;):D

Steve.

• Haha 1

On 06/03/2019 at 09:25, Giorgio N said:

The interior green looks odd, very dark compared to what my idea of interior grey green is.

Yeah agreed. Probably because it was over black primer and had a dark wash on in that picture. I tried to go over the ribbing/framework in a lighter mix to bring it out a bit because of this. 

Tony