That Airfix kit again

After far too long it’s time for my first official WIP, Lola doesn’t count as I only posted her after all the naughty language had faded.

As I’ve not dipped into the stash for a couple of years I thought I’d get back into the saddle with a nice easy fits like a glove build 😂

The inspiration for this build apart from being an iconic plane is basically a mate of my dads gave me a fully built Vulcan when I was a nipper which had pride of place on the shelf for many years until lost to a slightly irate sister. 

so here we go with the always popular Airfix Vulcan.

the Intention is to approximate  airframe XL391 which from googling about had the same paint job as the aforementioned model and by happy coincidence was assigned to 9 squadron which also counted a previous build Lonesome Lola among their lancs

Any vulcanologists (or anyone else) feel free to shout when I stray off course

The obligatory shot of air intakes caked with filler and the tickling sticks made for the hard to reach places

IMG_0168_zpss2mqf1mz.jpg

And whilst waiting for the PE from David Parkins to arrive I shall be trying something new to me

Rescribing panel lines!

it could be a triumph or more likely a well that didn’t go as planned

IMG_0169_zpsivp71dpw.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the glacial progress, all the bits have arrived along with a useful reference book

And a pic of first attempt at scribing which apart from a couple of slight slips has started well I feel.

IMG_0201_zpsbhkwy082.jpg

• Like 1