This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
xvtonker

Supermarine Scimitar stencilling

I'm getting myself worked up to start my Dynavector Supermarine Scimitar and am drawing my own decals to use with it.

What I'm looking for are any Air publications, documents, pictures or drawings showing the stencilling on the airframe.

Is there anyone out there than can guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

XVTonker  :pilot:

Worth a trip just down the road to look at the full size one at Yeovilton?

Yeah, already been there but is virtually no stencilling applied, only the basics. 😞

XVTonker. :pilot:

maybe that's what it had- it didn't look like a Museum repaint to me?  Could you call them and ask? I have heard they can be helpful.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, neilh said:

maybe that's what it had- it didn't look like a Museum repaint to me?  Could you call them and ask? I have heard they can be helpful.

Hi Neil,

The one at Yeovilton has had a respray in the past as much of the stencilling seen in period pictures of the A/C are no longer there.

I had a look at the images on the Thunder and Lightnings web site and although relatively small images, there seem to be few stencils anyway, certainly less than the Sea Vixen!

On 3/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, xvtonker said:

I'm getting myself worked up to start my Dynavector Supermarine Scimitar and am drawing my own decals to use with it.

What I'm looking for are any Air publications, documents, pictures or drawings showing the stencilling on the airframe.

Is there anyone out there than can guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

... I can't help unfortunately, but just to say I'm sure you will love the build process if my experiences of building other Dynavector kits is to go by.